Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the lack of Christmas toy thread? Economy must have us all saving our sheckles or we've been bad and Brown Santa left us with lumps of coal.
No new bling on my ride; just rubber and neoprene bits- lock-on grips, a lizardskin, and homemade snowtires.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
OK, I'll play

Earthpig's xmas gift to Earthpig: 2008 Reba Team U-turn.

Earthpig's xmas gift to the other: Cherry used road bike, again off ebay.

Happy, happy Earthpigmas. Wheels make the world go round.

And salad. Got my salad on today. $6.10 at the Idaho Pizza. Feel the phat.

·
jones'in
917 Posts
venom600 said:
My Christmas present is still in the works. As soon as Corsair can deliver some Maelstrom frames, I'll have my present in my hands. :D

--Ben
I gave up on Corsair. After thinking about it, I was trying to build a 'do it all' bike w/ the Maelstrom, but it was still gonna be a compromise on either end of the trail <--> FR/DH spectrum. So, I decided to keep my ReignX, lighten it up and build a straight up big bike. Almost done w/ the big 'un, just need need to move the Code 5s from my ReignX over to it. Here are a couple of pics.

--Ben

Attachments

·
jones'in
917 Posts
Yep, from Bozeman.

Big Sky is the closest lift assisted riding. There are an awful lot of trails around Bozeman/Big Sky that are great downhills, but 99% of 'em are best ridden on a regular trail bike (5-6 inches). I built the Flatline for lift assisted riding and the very few pockets of freeride trails built around the area.

·
jones'in
917 Posts
New to me. :D :D Never ridden, though.

Here's the build spec:
'08 Flatline frame (medium)
'08 888 ATA World Cup with '09 lowers
Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 9.5"x3" (give the bike 8.5" of travel and a 65 deg. HA)
Hope 1.5 Stepdown headset
Marzocchi direct mount stem
RMB bars w/ ODI Rogue lock-ons
SRAM X-7 rear der. and shifter
Avid Code 5 brakes, 205mm front and rear
Truvativ Howitzer BB
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks w/ 36 tooth chain ring
Kona Wah Wah pedals
RMB seatpost
WTB Pure V Race saddle
RMB hubs, 20mm front, 150mmx12mm rear
Alex FR 32 rims
WTB Dissent 2.5 tires, front and rear

Bought everything either brand new or 'as new' except for the brakes and pedals.

--Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.