Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
SS in CO
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just so you guys all know...whoever buys on-one products in the US (from pricepoint or wherever) there is no more warranty service here. I just got through trying to find some info about what's going on with my broken frame and I learned that there is no more support for on-one here.

over the past 2 weeks, many people have been working hard to find me a solution to my problem. but in the end it came down to the fact that On-One will not give US support without a distributor. so just a fair warning to whoever is planning on purchasing on-one from ANY US shop.

now it's time to find someone to weld my frame for me...

J.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Yeah, there was a post from Brant a while back about this, he said both BTI and Zedsport have dropped On-One.

I suspect the supply was too sporadic for the distributors, but that's 100% me guessing.

In the meantime, who wants to buy my now-worth-even-less On-One frame? :)

The good thing is that it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to weld it for you. I'm actually thinking of trying to find someone to chop off those darn slot dropouts and put regular ones on mine...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The scoop on On-One in the US

On-One decided to go consumer direct through themselves in the UK. They may still have distribution centers in the US, buy not distributors. If your On-One broke or you just want a new one, give Unreal Cycles an email. They'll sell you one at a "crash replacement" price.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Warranty and liability issues have to follow the correct channel - and should be resolved with the point of purchase, who then claims back against their supplier, and it goes on further down the line.

Zedsport purchased the frame direct from a Taiwan agent - Speedhigh - and as yet, no royalty has been received by on-one. As such, all warranty and liability are to be supplied and resolved by Zedsport and its resellers, and Zedsport simply needs to handle the claim as the company that compact that purchased the product in the far east and imported it to the usa. For any warranty they simply need to claim against the Taiwan supplier.

Indeed, the Taiwan supplier - Speedhigh - have confirmed this - "The warranty is anycase Speedhigh's responsibility. I agreed to work this issue. Warranty issue is on my risk."

As a final note in terms of intention and willingness to resolve this, I understand that Zedsport have a very special family relationship with Unreal Cycles, who have stock of on-one frames, so if there was an intention to replace the frame they should be able to fairly simply and quickly sort it.

Going forward in the states it looks very much like we will be working with Velomix who are already carrying Planet X, and we will be looking to offer the same excellent levels of customer service and product supply and warranty backup that have given us such a strong footing in the UK market.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Warranty and liability issues have to follow the correct channel - and should be resolved with the point of purchase, who then claims back against their supplier, and it goes on further down the line.

Zedsport purchased the frame direct from a Taiwan agent - Speedhigh - and as yet, no royalty has been received by on-one. As such, all warranty and liability are to be supplied and resolved by Zedsport and its resellers, and Zedsport simply needs to handle the claim as the company that compact that purchased the product in the far east and imported it to the usa. For any warranty they simply need to claim against the Taiwan supplier.

Indeed, the Taiwan supplier - Speedhigh - have confirmed this - "The warranty is anycase Speedhigh's responsibility. I agreed to work this issue. Warranty issue is on my risk."

As a final note in terms of intention and willingness to resolve this, I understand that Zedsport have a very special family relationship with Unreal Cycles, who have stock of on-one frames, so if there was an intention to replace the frame they should be able to fairly simply and quickly sort it.

Going forward in the states it looks very much like we will be working with Velomix who are already carrying Planet X, and we will be looking to offer the same excellent levels of customer service and product supply and warranty backup that have given us such a strong footing in the UK market.
WOW! way to pass the buck! errrrr.........i mean the pound! :thumbsup: steve.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
coconinocycles said:
WOW! way to pass the buck! errrrr.........i mean the pound! :thumbsup: steve.
Yeah - you're right. It's a shame that the people who have made the $$$ in this transaction won't stand up and help the end customer.

Thankfully, after discussion with Speedhigh, they'll sort it out. So it should all roll out nicely.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
Yeah - you're right. It's a shame that the people who have made the $$$ in this transaction won't stand up and help the end customer.

Thankfully, after discussion with Speedhigh, they'll sort it out. So it should all roll out nicely.
What brant is saying is 100% correct if you have basic knowledge of business law. In this case, the concept would hold true in both the US and UK or most anywhere else. If your new Sony TV you purchased from Best Buy craps out, do you call up Japan and ask for your money back? Duh, no! You take it back to Best Buy. What do you think they do with your broken TV? They send it back to their distributor. Who knows exactly how many times it goes up the chain until it lands back at the product manufacturer. People are incredibly quick to blame whoever is easiest to identify, even if they aren't at fault.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts

Speedhigh sounds very SpeedGhey...b!tches!

All I know is that my Inbred is SUPER PSICK and I cant tell people enough about it. In fact I know want my Ventana to run the horizontals with the "inside-stay" disc tabs. I now more than ever think sliders and EBBs are as retarded as the people who use mtbr

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
bikerboy said:
What brant is saying is 100% correct if you have basic knowledge of business law. In this case, the concept would hold true in both the US and UK or most anywhere else. If your new Sony TV you purchased from Best Buy craps out, do you call up Japan and ask for your money back? Duh, no! You take it back to Best Buy. What do you think they do with your broken TV? They send it back to their distributor. Who knows exactly how many times it goes up the chain until it lands back at the product manufacturer. People are incredibly quick to blame whoever is easiest to identify, even if they aren't at fault.
I am a lawyer and even if what you said is true, the fact remains that the buck must stop with On-One. If warranty claims are not being honored by an entity in the chain, On One better take care of it. Yapping about lack of proper royalties and chain of command isn't gonna do it.

The title of this thread says "no more warranty for On-One" not "On-One is innocent manufacturer in warranty scandal."

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Legal schmegal. This is the ever volatile/tiny bike industry. Comparing On-One to Sony is disingenuous at best, reckless at worst. For the record, I loved my v1.0 Inbred 26er SS.

I like On-One but they need to head this off at the pass. You can stand behind (I call it hiding) legal theory but this is a nuts a bolts reputation/brand issue. Who you choose to partner with speaks volumes of you. Passing it off on bad partners just brings into question the ability to choose partners and, by default, your long-term ability to properly support your products.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I am sorry if my post has caused any confusion. I've re-read it several times and think we must be falling down a linguistic hole. To clarify - Speedhigh are honouring warranty on frames (and parts) supplied by them to Zedsport.

So nobody should be suffering. Zedsport have agreed, and Peter at Zedsport clarified to us this morning "as a gesture of goodwill we will go on record as supporting all product sold from here".

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.