Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ride = Life
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked my LBS and no luck. I've heard they can't order any 2008s by one of them. I am about to expand my search to all dealers in the state, and then region. I am a little worried about the 09s loosing the Fox F29 fork, and want to jump on an 08 RIG asap. Anyone else having problems orders/locating 2008s?

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
racerxti said:
I've checked my LBS and no luck. I've heard they can't order any 2008s by one of them. I am about to expand my search to all dealers in the state, and then region. I am a little worried about the 09s loosing the Fox F29 fork, and want to jump on an 08 RIG asap. Anyone else having problems orders/locating 2008s?
Fisher is out of 2008 Rigs completely.....there are no more in the warehouses. YOu will have to wait for a 2009. Unless you plan to travel to pick one up, you will have trouble finding one on line......Trek/Fisher does not allow internet or Mail order sales.

If you are in So. Cal. we have a 19" frame/fork for sale.

Switchback Cyclery 714-628-3913 :thumbsup:

·
Ride = Life
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Results of calling every shop in state

I called a total of 15 shops in the Denver metro area. I started in the south (where I live) hoping a local shop would have one. By the time I started calling shops in Boulder, I found a 2008 19" RIG at The Trek Bicycle Shop. :thumbsup:

They had only one 19", so I put a deposit down over the phone. The wife and I drove up on Sunday and bought the bike.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Just got an 08 last week.21" frame.... I ordered it in January,was contacted about every month since, and after talking to LBS about 3 wks ago, I figured it was not going to happened. Somehow they finally found one. Got a phone call while I was up in Downieville for the gathering.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I snagged a 17.5 a couple of weeks ago. My LBS supposedly got the last two coming out of the New Jersey warehouse. I absolutely love the bike, I have more fun with it than I do my Superfly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought up the last '08 piranha within 150 miles yesterday...I started to get panicked when I couldn't find one anywhere, and I sure didn't want to pay the price increase for the '09's.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I really liked the Marlin Disc that my LBS had, but it was size 17.5". The Piranha he had in a 19" fit really nicely, but I didn't want to spend the extra cash on that bike. He looked into ordering a 19" for me, but no luck. I called 3 other dealers in the area and they were out. I considered the Trek 4500, but the 09 was more expensive with slightly lesser components when compared to the Marlin, so that was a no go. Looks like I'll be skipping the GF this time around, probably just going to order a Motobecane since it will be less expensive, better components, and give me a bike I can really thrash on while figuring out how serious I want to get in this sport. I was planning on buying from an LBS, but the only other local dealers carry Jamis and Specialized and both come with much lesser components while being more then the GF or Motobecane.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Just saw on Ebay a never used Oem takeoff Fox F32 29RL from the 2008 Rig go for $305. I would have thought more. Anyone? It did have a cut steer tube (7.5") for a 19" frame.

·
Mtbr
318 Posts
Ebo said:
Just saw on Ebay a never used Oem takeoff Fox F32 29RL from the 2008 Rig go for $305. I would have thought more. Anyone? It did have a cut steer tube (7.5") for a 19" frame.
That is very low I've seen a few end between $475-$625 which I think is nuts even though it's a great fork.

·
Ride = Life
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to bid on that Fox F32 29 RLand buy a 2007 RIG from a local shop. Then swap out the reba on the 07 RIG and replace with ebay'd Fox F29. Ended up passing on that combo. Instead I just bought a 19" RIG from a boulder bike shop. I'm glad I didn't buy the 07. Already put about 8 rides (including last night) on the RIG. 29er seams to feel smoother and easier to carve when spinning on the flats. I'm noticing my times are improving being forced to grind out bigger gears on the climbs. Can't hide from the hill by shifting down. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.