Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I shipped out my titus locomoto that I haven't wanted to build up and am having a misfit dissent sent in return, should have it next week. I'm gonna build a lighter wheelset for the Kona Unit 29er and use that for racing, and the dissent is going to get a little beefier of a build for some aggressive xc/ all mountain type use. I'm thinking crank bros 50/50's, salsa delgado's panaracer rampage tires, haven't decided on a fork yet, probably just a 100mm reba but any suggestions? I had considered possibly a converted lefty for the unit but seems pricey? Really stoked about having two 29ers in the apartment!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
galbraithrider said:
So I shipped out my titus locomoto that I haven't wanted to build up and am having a misfit dissent sent in return, should have it next week. I'm gonna build a lighter wheelset for the Kona Unit 29er and use that for racing, and the dissent is going to get a little beefier of a build for some aggressive xc/ all mountain type use. I'm thinking crank bros 50/50's, salsa delgado's panaracer rampage tires, haven't decided on a fork yet, probably just a 100mm reba but any suggestions? I had considered possibly a converted lefty for the unit but seems pricey? Really stoked about having two 29ers in the apartment!:thumbsup:
Got no info for you. Just wanted to say "YEAH!" for getting a Dissent. (picking up my rear wheel to finish my Dissent build tonight) :thumbsup: So .....

YEAH!

And it's a bump for ya'. ;)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
galbraithrider said:
yeah, i'm stoked for the dissent, can't wait to start building it up! post some pics of yours:D
Will do. I'll start a new thread tomorrow with pics and props about it being the BESTEST thing out there, even though I haven't taken it for a ride yet (just got back from the factory with the rear wheel).

For what little it's worth, and from a suspension knowledge perspective rather than that of a 29er, i'd be picking up a Reba if (IF!) I wanted a suspension fork up front. For me it's about value. Marzocchi had decent forks, but nothing truly special, IMHO, and the WB's are a bit pricey (at least since i'm talking about MY wallet :lol: ). Rebas get the best of those worlds and adds adjustability, stiffness, quality and plent of adjustment (and toys if you want them).

Again, my honest, only-partially educated opinion.

Have fun with your build. Keep us posted! :thumbsup: (gawd that sounds cheesy! sorry! :madman: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.