Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
This would suck. I'm in Prescott and just built up a dh bike this winter in hopes of using their service. I did notice a post on AZ shortbus facebook page that said they were only doing private groups. Nothing official but I don't think they have done any public rides in the last month.. Again this is just word of mouth.

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Thanks for the concern guys... As far as public local shuttles are concerned on SOMO, AZ Shortbus is now your answer. We've chosen to go a different route as far as our business model is concerned. Thanks for all the years of support and gnarly times! Please support ShortBus James and Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona to find more like minded riders to shuttle with or post up here on MTBR to schedule rides. Thanks Arizona, see you on the trails...

-latedropbob

·
No Clue Crew
7,170 Posts
Most of my riding buds and I have moved away from shuttling in favor of riding up, but we sure have some great GnarGnar memories (and scars). Good luck, Bob and the rest of the guys.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Thanks for the concern guys... As far as public local shuttles are concerned on SOMO, AZ Shortbus is now your answer. We've chosen to go a different route as far as our business model is concerned. Thanks for all the years of support and gnarly times! Please support ShortBus James and Gravity Riders Organization of Arizona to find more like minded riders to shuttle with or post up here on MTBR to schedule rides. Thanks Arizona, see you on the trails...

-latedropbob
I won't support them, actually. Not much else better to alienate other users than a freight train of non-climbing fatties.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,330 Posts
Somo is not the place to run shuttles. Gives nothing but a bad name to all mtbrs. worst possible idea ever!!
Hmm, I take it you've never climbed up National and noticed all the mtbers coming down that didn't shuttle that give mtbers a bad name. The shuttles almost never run to the bottom of national because there are lots of climbs and people on the trail, which is why they've always been limited to the trails with light traffic. Now any yahoo can go up and shuttle national, but responsible DHers can run shuttles on the DH trails and respect the user groups just fine, just like they have for years. I've had far more problems with non-shuttling newbs and weekend warriors not yielding while they are heading downhill on national, while the issues with the dedicated DHers are usually non-existent to slight. Of course if you are willing to give up your rights, I guess there's lots of stuff that you should stop doing, probably should stop driving for one...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Hmm, I take it you've never climbed up National and noticed all the mtbers coming down that didn't shuttle that give mtbers a bad name. The shuttles almost never run to the bottom of national because there are lots of climbs and people on the trail, which is why they've always been limited to the trails with light traffic. Now any yahoo can go up and shuttle national, but responsible DHers can run shuttles on the DH trails and respect the user groups just fine, just like they have for years. I've had far more problems with non-shuttling newbs and weekend warriors not yielding while they are heading downhill on national, while the issues with the dedicated DHers are usually non-existent to slight. Of course if you are willing to give up your rights, I guess there's lots of stuff that you should stop doing, probably should stop driving for one...
If they've already climbed up and you haven't, get the hell out of the way and have some respect. And, there are no DH trails on South Mountain.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,330 Posts
If they've already climbed up and you haven't, get the hell out of the way and have some respect.
lol, panties in a bunch? Did you try calling "strava!"? So you don't follow the rules of the trail, yet you're trying to pin some other group as "bad image for mountain bikers". The cognitive dissonance must hurt...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
lol, panties in a bunch? Did you try calling "strava!"? So you don't follow the rules of the trail, yet you're trying to pin some other group as "bad image for mountain bikers". The cognitive dissonance must hurt...
Other cyclists are the worst offenders, failing to yield to me when I've just climbed. Hikers can usually tell I'm not to be fvcked with during these times and move off the trail, often with words of sincere encouragement.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Why, Why, WHY???????????????????

·
suvlako
529 Posts
Always the outlyers that spoil it for the bunch. In this thread, it's the internet tough guy Mrwhlr and his co captain "The krusher"... Way to derail a thread.

Sorry to hear about that Gnargnar. It's been fun and I wish you luck in your future endeavors! Nevermind the haters... Do your thing!!

·
No Clue Crew
7,170 Posts
I rode up Geronimo once. Once. And when I say "rode," I mean about 35% of it.

The ignore button works great on the trolls polluting this thread.

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
i need to give somo another shot,, its been almost 2 years since i was there and i feel way more confident in my climbing and descending now.
plus early mornings aren't as cold anymore

1 - 20 of 28 Posts