Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If they had their website working a few months ago I would have bought one, but ended up with something else. I think it said something about a 16 year old nephew working on the website, check back later? Not really what I'm looking for when I'm ready to drop several K on a new bike.

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
Hopefully they opened up the tire clearance some down at the chainstays.

·
WNC Native
3,929 Posts
$3600 complete for a steel SS????

·
Super Moderator
4,680 Posts
The Rocker Ti looks great and has a great spec.

My one complaint about Spot was their non-existent CS when I was looking to buy a bike last year. I had questions, never got an answer, so bought elsewhere.

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
driver bob said:
The Rocker Ti looks great and has a great spec.

My one complaint about Spot was their non-existent CS when I was looking to buy a bike last year. I had questions, never got an answer, so bought elsewhere.
Same here. They never responded to my emails. If service is that bad before purchase, I couldn't imagine it being better if I had a problem with a bike after purchase.

There are plenty of other bikes that are just as good or better from companys that offer good service.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Even if they answer your calls/e-mails, the warranty link on the site states one year. 1300 for an off the shelf frame with only one year of warranty? That's where the love went.

BB

·
simple
665 Posts
Great, using S3 tubing will make an already noodly bike even more sloppy. Awesome.

They have been moving around in their office a bunch over the past few months so they should be better with phone calls and emails now. Just my guess.

·
Super Moderator
4,680 Posts
FTR: My emails were late last fall.

I never even saw the warranty stuff but 1 year on a Ti frame when others offer no fuss lifetime has me walking faster in the other direction.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,924 Posts
A local dealer has a Spot... the owner snapped a belt while testing it. They've offered it to me at wholesale but even then its ridiculously expensive. Its hardly even worth buying for the parts. It'd be nice if they offered a dropout option to run a hanger and regular drivetrain on it. Then it'd be more functional, but for the money, especially the titanium version... well you could get Lynskey to make you a Ti frame with an Elevated right chainstay (which solves the need for splitting the frame to fit a belt) and still have it compatible with gears... for less dollars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I second this. I emailed them a few times asking questions and brochures and such, and never got a single reply back.

Regardless of how slick the ride is, if the designer isn't going to answer any questions, and they sit on a blank "website under construction site" for as long as they did in this day and age, they get no love from me, and thats like free advertising if I bought and rode their bike around. I ended up going local with a Salsa Big Mama and love it.

Also, I dont think it matters how old the kid is making the site, just as long is it looks good a the end of the day.

deuxdiesel said:
If they had their website working a few months ago I would have bought one, but ended up with something else. I think it said something about a 16 year old nephew working on the website, check back later? Not really what I'm looking for when I'm ready to drop several K on a new bike.

·
prefers the wide stance
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dang, maybe i shouldn't have asked. and maybe now I'm not at all disappointed i opted for a Ventana belt drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts