Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

My hayes mag is dead. I smashed it on a skinny and the plastic around the brake lever broke off. I had to ziptie the brake lever as seen so it would stay stilll for the rest of my ride!

I do think I will be ordering some Magura's soon though!! :cool:

Attachments

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the lever thats bad, its fine. I cracked the whole body, so that would need to be replaced. :(

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
im sorry to hear about your brake friend...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
on one of the diablo rental bikes azonicridder188c smached into a tree and broke a magura gusta almost right in half

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
ya but did you ever think mabey he dosent want those hayes anymore and would rather get some new kickass brakes? give juicys a thought too. they kick they ass out of haye mags and would be a good upgrade for shur. i know about marguras though so i cant say. but sucka about the brake i broke mine right before a race and had to barrow a bike.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
MTBSully said:
y not just buy some new levers?
I had a pair of levers that looked exactly like that only they wore out internally instead of snapping off. From what I understand, you could just buy a nine lever to replace it. I ended up buying a pair of Hayes levers to replace the levers because the calipers were still working fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts