Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well pretty much the last 14 years I have weighed right around 210....as high as 230 and as low as 199 before my wrist surgery. After getting my cast off for surgery I weighed back in june 224 ....well today I tip the scales at 188. I kind of cheated though. I earned 20 pounds but then gained 5 back.......well then the cheating part I crashed and ruptured spleen and now I am at 188. I will never go over 200 again, but I will always be a clyde in mind and spirit.

You guys are real inspiration...your stories of success are heart warming.....so keep up the work!!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Well pretty much the last 14 years I have weighed right around 210....as high as 230 and as low as 199 before my wrist surgery. After getting my cast off for surgery I weighed back in june 224 ....well today I tip the scales at 188. I kind of cheated though. I earned 20 pounds but then gained 5 back.......well then the cheating part I crashed and ruptured spleen and now I am at 188. I will never go over 200 again, but I will always be a clyde in mind and spirit.

You guys are real inspiration...your stories of success are heart warming.....so keep up the work!!
If you put your mind to it, you can get back up there bud!

Really though, congrats. Keep up the good work, eat a bowl of soup for me. Oh, get back to the trainer or something and put on about 10 lbs!

Reward yourself with some new springs too.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
.... when you are skinny...you get cold all the time too
Ain't that the truth. I am 6'5" and for years could not get anywhere close to 200lbs. I usually weighed about 170lbs and I would wear a vest even in the summertime. At about 30yrs old, I started putting on about 5lbs a year and the 'vest' is history ;)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One_Speed said:
Good luck. Hopefully it wasn't muscle you lost.

Losing weight from the hospital doesn't always work out that way. (If you lost muscle that is heavier than fat).

Keep at it.
yep lost a lot of that......I start building that next week with very lite weights and long steep hikes for legs.....anything that effects the core is out of the question for another 5 weeks

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,988 Posts
Last time I saw 188 was basic training, in the mid-80's! Overseas six months later, and hovered in the 190's for about 2-1/2 of the 3 years I was there, and went above 200 to stay after that.

Saw the low side of 215 twice since then. Since Y2K, fahgettaboutit!!

·
Super Moderator
6,809 Posts
Skinny guys get cold all the time, because there is no more blubber, to warm them up. Believe it or not- the act of shivering from cold exposure, burns more calories than a brisk walk, or slow ride.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello fellow fat guys. 6' and 235 lbs. of barrel-chested wheel destruction here. I was nearly 270 at one point, and while I haven't dropped a ton of actual weight lately, I've been dropping size and converting things into muscle, looks better than being "skinny fat" anyway.

Awesome to hear about people setting and being well on their way to weight goals, I just hope people don't get too hung up on weight (depending on where you're at,) and focus more on fitness and ability.

I gotta say, though, not having to wear about 8 sweaters is a distinct advantage of carrying a nice layer of compressed doughnuts around on your torso. :)

·
turtles make me hot
11,762 Posts
I'm still a good 25 pounds over what I want to be. I sleep without covers because it's just too hot with them. It flips my wife out. She keeps covering me up, I keep kicking them off.

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
well today I tip the scales at 188. !
Looks like its time for you to move on from the Clyde forum to the XC racing forum! or maybe the weight weenie forum!!

Just kidding. Nice work! Being big is a state of mind. Keep it BIG brother!!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bigdudecycling said:
Looks like its time for you to move on from the Clyde forum to the XC racing forum! or maybe the weight weenie forum!!

Just kidding. Nice work! Being big is a state of mind. Keep it BIG brother!!
no way .............as Jeff Spocoli said in "Fast Times at Richmond High"

"those guys are ****"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.