Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Daniel the Dog
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Push sent me an email saying there are no Fox Float shocks for the Spot. They are selling their Pushed rendition of the RP3 for, gulp!, $495. However, it is a deal because you get ti bolts. Laugh. I bet it does work great....

Jaybo

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jaybo said:
Push sent me an email saying there are no Fox Float shocks for the Spot. They are selling their Pushed rendition of the RP3 for, gulp!, $495. However, it is a deal because you get ti bolts. Laugh. I bet it does work great....

Jaybo
It does work pretty good..what 495 is alot? - yeah it is alot huh. The only reason that i had my rp3 pushed was because it was a gift, what about the price of those fox 36's what are they near 1000 - it dont cost that much for a car

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
You're an Ebay king, go get a used float. Why get a new one if he guts the internals and rebuilds it anyways?

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I'd much rather gut an old Fox Float AVA R, which would add another dimension of tuning.

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
Nope

Homebrew said:
Does Fox make an 05 Float R in a 7.5 x 2.0?
I asked Darren about this around Xmas, and he said that Fox was not making the 7.5 x 2" Float R available, only the 7.875 x 2". The RP3 was the only option available in 7.5 and even that seems to be in reduced production.

There was some speculation on the Titus board that the reason the Racer X was changed in '02 was because Fox didn't want to make a specialized shock for it anymore and they were going to start charging a lot more for them. Of course, now that you can run any shock on it, a lot more people seem to be trying out 5th Elements and Manitou, so instead of a corner on the market, Fox is sharing it. :rolleyes: Anyway, the general feel I'm getting is that Fox is trying to streamline their production and cutting out models and sizes to make it less expensive on themselves. Do you think we'll see a price reduction ;)

Anyway, this is all speculation, but the fact is that, no, you cannot get an '05 Float R in 7.5 x 2" size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts