Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Sorry I'm not doing my part.

Nice pics, though.

My bits for the new 20mm wheel aren't here yet. When I get the 36 on my Moment, I'll have something to say.

·
Mtb & Bassoon player
55 Posts
Trevor! said:
Nice pictures from both of your.

Interesting fork in the second picture. That would be a mighty damm stiff (And probably heavy) fork I am guessing?
it is a Bergman Alice sc fork.
Travel: 150 mm air, with only a rebound control, very stiff and work very good !
Totally cnc machined , very nice!
The fork is made by a little italian factory
Height axle/crown: 540 mm.
36 mm Lower stanchions
2.2 Kg

( http://www.pro-m.com/www/index.php?...dotti&id_cat=75 ).
Ciao.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
lidarman said:
Seems this site is dead without a controversy! How about a sunday ride pic...me on the Devil's Backbone, Loveland, CO!
After buying parts for the new Turner???

That looks like a tricky little section up those natural rock steps.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chad1433 said:
Excellent pic. The resolution is great. It's crazy, we went to Hall on Sunday for a change of pace and it was relatively quiet. Seems the Backbone was, too?

Where is everyone?
I wonder too...I bet they shot their wad on Saturday! Except for the haze, sunday what nearly a perfect day.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
lidarman said:
Seems this site is dead without a controversy! How about a sunday ride pic...me on the Devil's Backbone, Loveland, CO!
Great pic!!! That is my absolute favorite type of climb......rocky steps of the sort that's all over Moab. The other direction is still lots of fun, but for some reason, I get more satisfaction on the way up.

btw.....I agree with you about this board and controversy. I don't understand it. Does Ellsworth attract a different type than Turner? I never seen to notice a difference on the trails.....just here.

For what it's worth....This board is similar to many of the other mfg. boards. The Turner board seems to be unique. I think is mainly due to a handful of very helpful people on that board. They seem to inspire everyone else to post.

·
Hill crawler
314 Posts
We used to get Tony Ellsworth here

Blue Shorts said:
Great pic!!! That is my absolute favorite type of climb......rocky steps of the sort that's all over Moab. The other direction is still lots of fun, but for some reason, I get more satisfaction on the way up.

btw.....I agree with you about this board and controversy. I don't understand it. Does Ellsworth attract a different type than Turner? I never seen to notice a difference on the trails.....just here.

For what it's worth....This board is similar to many of the other mfg. boards. The Turner board seems to be unique. I think is mainly due to a handful of very helpful people on that board. They seem to inspire everyone else to post.
I'm afraid a lot of folks, who may or may not be helpful, were chased away by some of the more negative folks who frequent this place. Why bother ? Just ride the bike. That's what it is for (and some posing 'cause it's a beautifully finished Ellsworth). Except I've got a broken collar bone right now :( So I'm revistiting this mess to see that folks haven't worked out that some boards read rather unpleasantly. Oh well.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve from JH said:
Less of the first below might mean less of the second below and more of the third.
LOL! Mean, but funny....and what is really funny (and ironic) is that I am carrying almost 15 lbs of winter beer weight, trying to eliminate it with rides like this. I feel I can still ride every climb but not as fast as normally.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
That's Devil's Backbone. It's our backyard local's trail here in Loveland and is like a small slice of Moab.
Mountain High Cyclery sits at the trailhead.
Come up & visit some time.

Want controversy?
I ran into Lidarman this weekend and I think he was more impressed with my 6-Pack than my friend's Moment ;)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
That's Devil's Backbone. It's our backyard local's trail here in Loveland and is like a small slice of Moab.
Mountain High Cyclery sits at the trailhead.
Come up & visit some time.

Want controversy?
I ran into Lidarman this weekend and I think he was more impressed with my 6-Pack than my friend's Moment ;)
Was that a Blue Moment belonging to someone with the initials DM??

·
The Ancient One
1,573 Posts
lidarman said:
LOL! Mean, but funny....and what is really funny (and ironic) is that I am carrying almost 15 lbs of winter beer weight, trying to eliminate it with rides like this. I feel I can still ride every climb but not as fast as normally.
I didn't intend to be mean. Up until about 8 years ago when I quit completely I had consumed way more than my share. I'm about 20 pounds lighter (was 30# lighter but put some back on) and my bicycling is vastly improved. Of course the bikes are a lot better now too.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Uh Huh. Has lots of PUSH stickers on it too.
What did Darren think of your 6 pack, squeak?

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
TruckeeLocal said:
I'm afraid a lot of folks, who may or may not be helpful, were chased away by some of the more negative folks who frequent this place. Why bother ? Just ride the bike. That's what it is for (and some posing 'cause it's a beautifully finished Ellsworth). Except I've got a broken collar bone right now :( So I'm revistiting this mess to see that folks haven't worked out that some boards read rather unpleasantly. Oh well.
Things have gotten quiet, too quiet here, but I prefer that to the flame fests. Hope you heal well.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
He thinks it's too heavy at 32.5, but otherwise kick-ass.
We're working on the weight.

We couldn't switch bikes that day cause:
a. he has CB pedals and I have Time
b. altitude is a ***** and he was too busy catching his breath. Gawd, I love riding with flat landers :)

His Moment is built a lot lighter than my Pack.
He has a Vanilla, I have the PUSH'd 36.
His parts are also generally lighter so his overall build weight is 4 lbs less.

But generally speaking, he likes the Pack and says it is very comparable to the Moment. Big differences are that the Pack is much more a TR/FR overlap and has heavier tubing whereas the Moment has the more trailbike oriented design. The Moment also has more linear rear suspension whereas the Pack has some progression at end-stroke to handle big hits better, although small/medium bump performance is about equal.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
He thinks it's too heavy at 32.5, but otherwise kick-ass.
We're working on the weight.
Interesting, I haven't weighed my Id on more that a bathroom scale but I think it's around 31, with King hubs, a lot of xtr, deus x-cranks, thomson stem and post, carbon bars...I do have those big fat tires though, but it seemed you were running fatties as well.

We weighted Kellye's burner in Larry's shop and despite having those ultralite WTB wheels, and light tires, it still hit 29.3 lbs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.