Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don’t we see the Scott Spark (29er with 120mm travel) included in all the trail bike comparisons? Travel seems the same, geometry doesn’t seem overly XC.

thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Why don't we see the Scott Spark (29er with 120mm travel) included in all the trail bike comparisons? Travel seems the same, geometry doesn't seem overly XC.

thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great idea and perfect reason to start a new thread!

Personally haven't ridden the Spark but would love to hear feed back on this bike vs Ripley and similar XC/trail versions.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Spark from 2016. Really enjoyed it and only stopped riding it last month after buying a new bike. Really light for an aluminum bike, too. I grew dependent on the twin loc, but only because it is convenient when you get used to it. The bike still climbs better in open mode than a locked out enduro bike.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I rode the Spark 29er against a bunch of other 120ish 29er bikes a few months ago, and posted some thoughts here (although I never rode a Ripley or 429): https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/darling-please-get-whatever-bike-youd-like-1092165.html

I really liked it. The Spark and the Intense Sniper Trail were top of my short list.

I disagree with the comment above that it's dependent on the lock-out for pedalling efficiency. In 120mm mode it felt just as efficient as the other 120mm bikes I rode, and in 90mm mode it was noticeably more efficient than most. Definitely wasn't as XC-feeling as the Spec Epic Evo, but more so than the Trance 29er.

All of that said, in the end I bought a Ripmo because fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.