Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why doesn't this site have chat for bikers? It uses the same software I have seen on other non-biking sites. Chat would be great for us to communicate with other people at night. It just a curious question that's all. Don't flame me ok !

·
Registered
129 Posts
A chat room would be sweet.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
Picard said:
why doesn't this site have chat for bikers? It uses the same software I have seen on other non-biking sites. Chat would be great for us to communicate with other people at night. It just a curious question that's all. Don't flame me ok !
It would be a nice feature. Would be great to be able to get quick answers to questions.
Could make for some interesting online arguments as well. lol

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
currently defined target audience probably doesn't care about chat.
hell athough I'm into home theater technology, Internet, digital photog etc, i could care less about even a cel phone---unless the service became essentially free.

The Internet is a time waster enough just surfing and posting---this mid aged dude can't make sense out of most of that chat longo anyway

·
Foreign Entity
275 Posts
Things to keep in mind:
1. A chat room will use a lot of bandwidth, which costs money, which will essentially have to be paid for by the site's owners unless MTBR.com was to become a pay site.
2. Any tech question asked and answered in a chat enviroment is essentially lost once it has moved off the page, in a forum though that info remains available for anyone to refer to no matter when they come online.

·
Banned
640 Posts
Ya Rusty I use it to gain info not out of bore dumb but because i feel i need info to keep Free Singletrack Rolling, i could be wrong at it could all be a big waste of time. About 2 weeks to go and i will be riding my ass off till the cold December snow BLOWS.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hmmm

Picard said:

There used to be a chat room a few years ago on this site, from what I remember not many people used it though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ray_from_SA said:
None of the boards I frequent which use VB based forums incorporate chat.
Same here. I'm a member of forum that has a chatroom in IRC though. I can' say that I frequent it much but I've enjoyed it the few times that I've been in there. All we'd need is a sticky in passion posting the link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts