Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kind of miss the days of elaborate 29" forum awards shows.

But at least let me nominate for which-ever award it would get: the Black Sheep 36" bike.

So beautiful, very daring 100+ offset apparently, I'd to know what it rides like. But it's fine as wall-art already. For a large wall. I'll never have bike budget to own one, but wow, it that a nice dream or what?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=464141

Not the first of its kind, not the most "custom" in terms of wheels tuning, but IMO still very wonderful. I'm not by default enthusiastic for a custom Ti bike, but this is an exception.

If I'd have one, I'd build it it's own bike shed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
+1,000,000!!! I actually sat on that @ the Rocky MTN Bike Show in Boulder this past Fall.

SO DAMN COOL!

Only 4K as is...

Really need one now.

PF

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
You mean, "hangar", don't you? :D :p

I'll have the distinct honor of checking a 36"er out on a short term test soon, but not the one you are lusting over here. It should be a lot of fun though!
The maroon Pofahl at Milltown?

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Since we're talking of the old days of "forum awards" I need to say Devin Lenz needs some kind of long-term recognition for forward thinking. Looking all the way back from his Concentralink DH bikes to his evolution into one of the premier fs 29er manufacturers he seems to never be able to rest or leave things be. I've always sort of appreciated his innovation from pictures and second-hand ride reports but nothing beats riding one.

I truly feel the Lunchbox I was fortunate enough to pick up second hand this Fall is the best 29er I've ridden so far (and I've ridden a few) and potentially one of the best bikes I've ever ridden (time will tell). From the incredible hydroforming of the frame tubes to the very impressive (light) frame weight to the chainstay length (or lack thereof) it's hard to believe he's a one-man shop and that he has any time to eat or sleep.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Now look what you've done Cloxxki!

el-cid said:
Since we're talking of the old days of "forum awards" I need to say Devin Lenz needs some kind of long-term recognition for forward thinking. Looking all the way back from his Concentralink DH bikes to his evolution into one of the premier fs 29er manufacturers he seems to never be able to rest or leave things be. I've always sort of appreciated his innovation from pictures and second-hand ride reports but nothing beats riding one.

I truly feel the Lunchbox I was fortunate enough to pick up second hand this Fall is the best 29er I've ridden so far (and I've ridden a few) and potentially one of the best bikes I've ever ridden (time will tell). From the incredible hydroforming of the frame tubes to the very impressive (light) frame weight to the chainstay length (or lack thereof) it's hard to believe he's a one-man shop and that he has any time to eat or sleep.
Ya come around with this talk of "no award show" and the next thing ya know.........

somebody starts the nominations! :D :p

I say it's on from here, if I know anything about this forum. :rolleyes:

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There used to be lifetime achievement awards. Us not giving these out anymore indeed shoudn't stand in the way of Lenz getting what's rightfully his.

While I've never seen a single Lenz frame in person (you read it right), I do believe he's done a great job at offering performance FS bikes to the 29" crowd. And always being the first to come up with 5", and 6" frames that stand up to their expectations.
For the small company he is, he's been doing miracles. I hope the 29" crowd will keep on rewarding him, by not going for the corporate options, but for his innovative characteristic ones.

·
3,049 Posts
el-cid said:
Since we're talking of the old days of "forum awards" I need to say Devin Lenz needs some kind of long-term recognition for forward thinking...it's hard to believe he's a one-man shop and that he has any time to eat or sleep.
Indeed.

My Lev is my best piece of not new to me bike gear for 2008. Best new to me stuff as follows (in order):

-Ergon GR2 grips
-Bontrager XDX 2.1 (tubeless w/ stans)
-Osprey Talon 22 pack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.