Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read here on MTBR and other forums that there will be no 2021 Trek Stache. I think the Stache is one of the funnest bikes I've ever ridden and I'm sad they're discontinuing it. Here's my Stache build:

·
Registered
100 Posts
They are fun bikes for sure. My friend has one and it seems to work well for him. I liked the plus tire feel. Kind of like having full suspension. Heavy though!!

·
42 Posts
I'm hoping they are discontinuing this only because of production bottlenecks, and will have a new 29+ model in their lineup 2022 when (let's hope) production is more steady again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Trek now has a big gap in their lineup - A decent trail 29 hardtail. Filled by competitors with bikes such as the Specialized Fuse, Merida Big.Trail, Norco Fluid HT, Giant Fathom, Ragleys, Canyon Stoic, and heaps of others, etc, etc.

The current model Trek Roscoe is an over-forked XC toy bike with QR dropout rear axle and super slack seat angle. Its still probably selling up a storm given limited supply...

·
Loud tyres save lives
537 Posts
I was very disappointed to see the Stache removed as well and even considered buying a frame to keep as a spare in case anything happened to mine but I see even that's not an option as they're gone from the UK site. I've had my Stache five years now and still love it, never come another bike I've preferred to ride.

The Roscoes do seem incredibly popular and were selling out long before the pandemic and in our local MTB group where there's no two bikes the same, there's something like four Roscoe's though. While I don't see the Roscoe as a rival to the Stache on the other hand I've very rarely seen any other Staches and do tend to see a reasonable amount of their other models.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The current model Trek Roscoe is an over-forked XC toy bike with QR dropout rear axle and super slack seat angle. Its still probably selling up a storm given limited supply...
Exactly. Trek and other bike companies will be far less inclined to "waste" time on innovation if they can't even keep their current offerings in stock.

Doubt the Stache ever comes back. I'm a big fan and still ride mine, but the plus fad burned bright and is now (unfortunately) out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts