Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1000ml nalgene bottle that I love to use when I work outside in my back yard on my lame little personal mtb trails. I have a 3L camelback but it's up at school and I'm home for the summer. I've been looking around today for a large bottle cage I can put on my bike, but it's like nobody wants to make a bigger bottle cage! Has anybody found one of these, or made your own?

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
I have no problem jamming 750ml and 1 liter bottles of water, ridght off the convenience store shelf, into my Elite cages. Same with 32oz Gatorade bottles. If I'm riding with my dog, the dog drinks from the 1 liter bottle, and I drink from the camelback. I don't know why any other metal cage wouldn't work as well. The cage bends, the cage bends back. Granted, the bottle takes a beating, but ......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm intrested in the bottle cage mostly because I already have a bottle and figure it's cheaper than buying another nalgene. I like the one liter because it's enough for me to be going for a certian ammount of time. It's just one of those "hey wouldn't it be cool if..." sort of things and I want to see what I can do about it. I've been wondering about bending a bottle cage to fit this one, but I don't know how to do that sort of thing and I might just get a cheap camelback instead. I really want one of these though, there's nothing wrong with having some extra water.

·
Registered
18,613 Posts
drgonzo said:
I'm intrested in the bottle cage mostly because I already have a bottle and figure it's cheaper than buying another nalgene. I like the one liter because it's enough for me to be going for a certian ammount of time. It's just one of those "hey wouldn't it be cool if..." sort of things and I want to see what I can do about it. I've been wondering about bending a bottle cage to fit this one, but I don't know how to do that sort of thing and I might just get a cheap camelback instead. I really want one of these though, there's nothing wrong with having some extra water.
How about carrying two standard bike bottles instead? I seem to get mine free at events here and there. I can't remember the last time I paid for one, but I have a cabinet full of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.