Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In setting up my new ride I determeined that the ideal stem length would be a 110mm at 10 degrees. Off I go to find a nice lightweight one but I can't. It seems that most manufacturers have gone to 5 , 6, or 7 degree designs. Thomson and Race face make 15's (why?) and Ritchey makes a 17 (for whom?) but I can't seem to find anything in between. I've looked for a left over '03 Easton EA 50 weld/forge in my length but none seem available even from the big online vendors or eBay. There seems to be plenty of welded EA 70's with the hinge but I don't like the design or weight and the Easton mags have a reputation for corrision. Any ideas? thanks

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
jrsbike said:
In setting up my new ride I determeined that the ideal stem length would be a 110mm at 10 degrees. Off I go to find a nice lightweight one but I can't. It seems that most manufacturers have gone to 5 , 6, or 7 degree designs. Thomson and Race face make 15's (why?) and Ritchey makes a 17 (for whom?) but I can't seem to find anything in between. I've looked for a left over '03 Easton EA 50 weld/forge in my length but none seem available even from the big online vendors or eBay. There seems to be plenty of welded EA 70's with the hinge but I don't like the design or weight and the Easton mags have a reputation for corrision. Any ideas? thanks
Get a 7° and put a couple of spacers under it.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Sette Edge Stem from Pricepoint. 10 degree rise available in 110mm, 126 grams, $24.99..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply from Thomson

clubhomeboy said:
I have a Sette stem on one of my bikes. It's a 90mm, 10 degree rise and weighs 135g.
FYI: I just got an email from Thomson informing me that they are going to come out with a 31.8 10 degree stem. Seems to be a move afoot to the 31.8 standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts