Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
High Alpine Adventure
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not that there was a huge contingent of Nuevo Mexicano's down at the 24Hr's of the Ol' Pueblo.... but the state did well!

Jens Nielson, Damian Calvert, Jason Quenzler and John Searles rocked the 4 man this year with a first place finish! That's tough stuff there!

Marc Basiliere and Alex Leonard took a 3rd place podium finish in the Open Duo… out of 81 TEAMS! Given it's a Duo, that's even tougher stuff!

I hear the conditions were about as brutal as one can expect from the HITOP. So good job folks! Way to represent NM and specifically Albuquerque…. We do have some bad ass riders in this town! :thumbsup:

And I know I probably missed some others… but kudos to all who ventured down for the race!

Check out the results here...

http://64.119.44.58/liveresults/results/

·
No no...the OTHER LA.
342 Posts
The weekend was definitely a mixture of nastiness and awesomeness. The wind howled< 40mph at the start. A few hours later it got worse with drizzling/stinging rain that lasted a good couple hours. Then, 9pmish it dried up and the winds calmed down. Then the trail was AWESOME, super fast and smooth. The winds picked up a little when the sun came up, but not too bad. All in all a great weekend.

Kudos to the top placers from NM! Our 4 person team managed 28th/141, which I was pretty happy with. We were just out there to have fun and stretch the legs. No mechnicals or crashes was definitely a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.