Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our very informal, impromtu mtbr.com gathering has shown that where' there's trails that rock - there will be folks out! We rode Los Alamos, the atomic city and all that, this fine day - and had 29 folks out on the trail.

Guaje ("WAH-hee") Ridge was the main dish, with a side of Cabra and Pajarito. Look for none other than Anthony's shots of some incredible scenery soon.

I thought I'd post up a few low-res shots to whet the appetite so when the big-hittin' "'shooters' - Anthony and BrianC and AndyN post up - they'll blow ya'll away.

My slow, rather large ass held up OK on Day 2 - and has now ridden more hours in 2 days than most all of this year. Sweet! Great rides and excellent company - not bad.

Anthony - captured:

THAT is some smile!

Some whoop-ass Phoenixian - she got cold in those chilly low-80's at the top!

Another PHX type, as well as another 'capturer' - BrianC:

Boulder represented by brg on one SWEET ride:

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Looks fun. I wish I could have made it. I would have (and tried) but got "obligated"

Damn

Have fun tomorrow peeps.

Based on the attendance, I anticipate even more pix coming..

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Also captured some really decent photos, but unable to post since I can't figure out the MAC program Aperture. Anyone know how to cut the pixel count on a photo with out croping the image?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crux said:
Also captured some really decent photos, but unable to post since I can't figure out the MAC program Aperture. Anyone know how to cut the pixel count on a photo with out croping the image?
Whoa! Apreature is to photo 'management' software like a 10" travel bike is for a trip to the store.

That said - not sure how to simply reduce resolution, as all ya need for web is 72 dpi.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lidarman said:
Based on the attendance, I anticipate even more pix coming..
THAT is an understatement! With 3 mtbr.com awesome photog's out there - I bet this week at work will be mighty distracting!

We missed ya Rich - though not the trip to the ER ;-)

g

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
quickie

Here's a blurry ass photo I took of someone who OTB right after. More to come after I get woken up.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I have a few! BTW...Glenn you missed a heck of a race at Cedro.

RCC, notaknob, and I arrived early on Friday to set up and did a quickie up Pajarito Mtn.

Obligatory picture of someone taking a picture, picture

Help! I have fallen and I can't get up. Some wise man once said "never stop taking pictures". I listened to him:p

Then we headed on up to Battleship to meet everyone.

Guaje is great this time of year. My happy place:D

With some tricky parts thrown in just to keep things interesting

Thanks again Glenn and I am sorry I missed SBT, but decided to race Cedro instead. Great weekend everyone, see ya next year!

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Full Pictures

RCC climbing Aspen for Trouble at Pajarito

Do we go back the way we came or take a shortcut. Mother's Milk sounds easy...

Poser Shot

RCC going for the turn

Mtn. Biker 123 following up

Mtn. Biker 123 logging in

RCC with the body english

Mtn. Biker 123 leading up to the teeter-toter

Then out of the curve

Then we were off to Battleship Rock to meet the rest of the people

And then to the drop-off point to begin the ride.

RCC with Mtn. Biker 123 hamming for the camera

EricB

Crux showing off his matching frame and helmet - yeah, nobody noticed...

More people. I'm just shooting pics now. Chime in if you know some names

Brianc

On the way back some people didn't want to get their feet wet.

Others were enjoying a day near the water

More happy people

Then back across the water.

After East Fork, we hit the lower section below Jemez Falls. I got in the middle because I know this is a good spot for pictures.

AndyN testing his ribs

And more folk on the rocks

PHX person

No more pics from East Fork/Battleship Rock ride from me.

Friday night we sat around relaxing.

Followed by Guaje. There was a group riding up from LA, while some of us enjoyed Duncan Donuts (thanks Glen!) and breakfast burritos (thanks rsClimb!)

The CO folk must slept well and were ready to ride

Canada Bonita meadow shot

We met up with the climbers from LA at the Guaje trailhead then had a great descent

Scott

AndyN and Tim

Clay

Brianc showing us how to ride rockgardens with a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment in a backpack.

The group at the LA parking lot after the ride. Thanks for the beers!

We then headed up to Pajarito where rsClimb did some streaches on the dirt jumps

Another great weekend of riding. Thanks to Glen for organizing GITA07 and everyone who showed up.

See you next year.

·
2,856 Posts
glenzx said:
THAT is some smile!
Nice stuff Glen, I see Cyn traded in her BS for the 7 on this trip:thumbsup:

I wish we could have made it down but there's too much going on! I have fond memories of last year.

Ed

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Did you read this?

crux said:
Maka responded:

makachut said:
Ok,take your photo from your iphoto and move it like you were going to send it thru email,correct the size medium works best for mtbr then move it to your desktop,then cancel the email photo.Your good to go for a download off your desktop.Then,Give thanks to bshallard from NZ afterwards he guided me.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Great pictures Glen, Bryan, and Bruce, it was great riding with you and everyone else I had and hadn't met before.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Sigh... I so want to ride NM someday. Looks like some great rides.

Weren't the aspens changing yet? I didn't see any golden leaves shots.

·
Registered
728 Posts
fun stuff!

Glen, thanks for coordinating this year. It was great seeing and riding with all the NM folks this weekend...and fun getting out for a drink with you too!

edemtbs said:
Nice stuff Glen, I see Cyn traded in her BS for the 7 on this trip:thumbsup:

I wish we could have made it down but there's too much going on! I have fond memories of last year.

Ed
ed, we missed you this year!

Actually i rode the Seven on Saturday for Guaje Ridge and the BlackSheep SS on the South Boundary Trail on Sunday. I LOVE that ride - but my arms are tired after riding that rock garden at the end.

here's the only pic i had on my camera this weekend. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
brg said:
here's the only pic i had on my camera this weekend. ;)
Wow! I am gonna catch h3ll - in a good way, of course - for THAT pic! Something about gettin' to hang out with a hot mama azz-kicker AND drinking margaritas (even w/ her side-kicks). Awesome to see you Cyn - on and off the trail

Forkboy can eat his heart out!

Great to see the motley crew come together for some great riding. The 2nd half of the Staurday ride was incredible epic NM stuff - that I'd not even hit before, except as a trail worker in 2001/2002 re/building Cabra after the Cerro Grande fire.

Of course, riding the upper 1/2 of the ride AGAIN, after 3 beers - was tough. I had dropped my phone out there but was VERY lucky and was able to retrieve it. Ah well - all is well that ends well! But no way was I gonna race that next day, and opted for a family outing that was just right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts