Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people doing about their TEMPORARY travel restricting bumper that was installed on the recall for their Manitou forks. I have sent mine in to get the Long Travel Kit Installed.Thats what they are calling the fix even though it really just brings the travel back to the advertised length. Manitou and Giant seem to br keeping very quiet about it.If I wanted any less travel I would have purchased a Fox Talus or Float.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can't you get your local shop to do it?

telemarc said:
What are people doing about their TEMPORARY travel restricting bumper that was installed on the recall for their Manitou forks. I have sent mine in to get the Long Travel Kit Installed.Thats what they are calling the fix even though it really just brings the travel back to the advertised length. Manitou and Giant seem to br keeping very quiet about it.If I wanted any less travel I would have purchased a Fox Talus or Float.
I don't want to be without my bike so can't the local shop send away for the fix and do it in a day?

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to send it away

Sorry stormann but in Canada anyway OGC is insisting on doing the Kit install.That's what the LBS said anyway.Like I said on my Let's talk Shocks Thread:

The bike shop is doing it's best for me but i have had to do all the ground work with answer. The website says if you have the travel limiting bumper installed then your fork is fixed and not involved in the recall. They don't tell you that you still need the longer damping rods installed to get your travel back or that you will have to send your fork in to get it done.(LBS not allowed to do it.) Nor do they tell you that the supply of Long Travel Kits is limited and only people that enquire agressively on their own will have them installed.I'm getting mine done but only after numerous long distance calls to Answer and the Canadian Rep.
Talk to your LBS and the local rep otherwise if you are happy with it the way it is leave it.Actually it seems fine the way it is I'm just getting it fixed as a matter of principal and my inabillity to ride for another 10 days gives me a good opportunity to do it.

I will say as a mechanichal designer that if I screwed up like that at my job I would now be looking for work.I assume they use computer modelling and have someone to check their drawings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.