Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people doing about their TEMPORARY travel restricting bumper that was installed on the recall for their Manitou forks. I have sent mine in to get the Long Travel Kit Installed.Thats what they are calling the fix even though it really just brings the travel back to the advertised length. Manitou and Giant seem to br keeping very quiet about it.If I wanted any less travel I would have purchased a Fox Talus or Float.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Keeping quiet about it? They plastered the recall info right on the front page of their site for months and I think just about every single MTB related publication had some mention of the recall. I'm not sure what your complaint is. They are putting in the new longer compression rods to increase the axle to crown length and restore the original claimed travel. Why are you complaining about it having any less travel?

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who's complaining

Actually I'm not complaining. The bike shop is doing it's best for me but i have had to do all the ground work with answer. The website says if you have the travel limiting bumper installed then your fork is fixed and not involved in the recall. They don't tell you that you still need the longer damping rods installed to get your travel back or that you will have to send your fork in to get it done.(LBS not allowed to do it.) Nor do they tell you that the supply of Long Travel Kits is limited and only people that enquire agressively on their own will have them installed.I'm getting mine done but only after numerous long distance calls to Answer and the Canadian Rep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.