Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I don't have experience with that exact rack, although I may be buying it soon. But I am waiting to see how the Salsa rack is before I pull the trigger on the Nitto.

I have experience with other Nitto racks though, and they are wonderful. Zero complaints.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Agreed, The Salsa rack seems to be more versatile:
1. Mounts to both ends of the bike
2. Slightly larger surface
3. Concave top surface to fit round loads (stuff sack as pictured is a good example)
4. Strap loops to keep your straps in place and keep them from falling off the rack when un-hooking your load.

All around it is just an evolved design, especially when paired with the Fargo that it was designed for.

I just chatted with Tim at Salsa about this and they are shooting for August/September to get these to market. Some minor details are pushing them back from the orignal target date.

Also looking forward to the E-Cage for the fork....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Am going to wait until the new rack shows up before adding another to my Fargo. Do have the Nitto racks on a different bike. Really like the Nitto quality. After seeing the prototype racks at Frostbike, those really look more like what I'm after these days.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ATXSS said:
Agreed, The Salsa rack seems to be more versatile:
1. Mounts to both ends of the bike
2. Slightly larger surface
3. Concave top surface to fit round loads (stuff sack as pictured is a good example)
4. Strap loops to keep your straps in place and keep them from falling off the rack when un-hooking your load.

All around it is just an evolved design, especially when paired with the Fargo that it was designed for.

I just chatted with Tim at Salsa about this and they are shooting for August/September to get these to market. Some minor details are pushing them back from the orignal target date.

Also looking forward to the E-Cage for the fork....
This is all exactly right. And...if at some point you should decide to expand your rack system, The Minimalist (the rack pictured above installed on the Fargo) will actually combine with our Down Under Rack (new low rider) to form one heck-uv-a cool front rack system.

Bobby
Salsa Cycles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts