Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see by the photo here, the Nitrous is over the published weight. This is causing me great guilt, so I am bringing my bad to the public's eye. I understand if anyone with a Nitrous on order decides to cancel as the frame is almost 30 grams over claimed weight. I am truly sorry. Given another chance I would have listed the weight at 4.6lbs for a medium. For the record the small weights in at 4.46 lbs and the large is 4.67 lbs.

David Turner

Attachments

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
30 GRAMS OVER!!!! Holy Carp MR. Turner, now people really may have to sell a kidney to make up for that 30 grams now. :rolleyes:

Honestly, all kidding aside, I can't believe someone would actually cancel an order because of 30 grams. But then again I don't know what its like to race the pro circuit, maybe people really are that cynical.

Honesty is the best policy, you could have remained quiet about that 30 grams, but you didn't. Thanks. Quality bikes and no compromise. I dig it.

Oh, I read about a weird experiment where a scientist would weigh a human being on a super accurate scale right at the moment of their death. The scale would read a drop of 21 grams right when death occured, it was consistent with other human subjects. So the theory is, the human soul weighs 21 grams. Trippy huh?... I am afraid to post this in the weight weenies forum because I am sure there would be a bunch of people trying to sell their soul. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Damn!

Beaten to the punch :)

Smokey - maybe the 21gms was just the person letting out a heavily laden parp at the moment of expiration? Seems unlikely though that all people would have the same amount of pent up fart ready to go, but who knows?

Apologies for any thread derailment.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Surely, we are all very disappointed. My 19 pound all-mountain, hucking machine is now impossible.

Davide and the gram counters are going to be all over this, like v-brakes on a 5-Spot.

Maybe we can drill out the rockers or something to compensate:p

·
Registered
819 Posts
Orangerider said:
the seat collar and weigh 'er again. Some of your competition would claim it's an accessory, and not part of the frame.
I'm surprised the rear disc brake mounts aren't hollowed out like some of the older Turner models.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
30 gram = 1.0582189 ounces, PIG HEAVY FREERIDER!

SMOKEY said:
So the theory is, the human soul weighs 21 grams. Trippy huh?... I am afraid to post this in the weight weenies forum because I am sure there would be a bunch of people trying to sell their soul. ;)
...Again

Funny Smokes!

DT Thanks for being so incredibly upfront about this. While there are clearly changes from preproduction to finished product, I think if anyone beyotches about ONE FARGIN OUNCE, maybe they really need a road bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As part of the ongoing commitment to excellence, I'm prepared to QA one of these frames free of charge, just ship that baby over to me here in Surrey and I'll put it though it's paces and make sure that 30g's isn't the straw that breaks the weenie's back.

ain't I nice?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
What if it was specced with a Float R instead of RP3? Would that help to bridge the gap? Also maybe the shock is a bit out of spec weight wise, and can be held accountable for part of the undesired heft?

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
SMOKEY said:
WAIT A MINUTE! is there air in that shock? That could be it. :rolleyes:
;) All I'm sayin' is that DT can't be responsible here. :eek:

_MK

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I can't believe this happened!

turnerbikes said:
As you can see by the photo here, the Nitrous is over the published weight. This is causing me great guilt, so I am bringing my bad to the public's eye. I understand if anyone with a Nitrous on order decides to cancel as the frame is almost 30 grams over claimed weight. I am truly sorry. Given another chance I would have listed the weight at 4.6lbs for a medium. For the record the small weights in at 4.46 lbs and the large is 4.67 lbs.

David Turner
David Turner,

Do you realize that you published a weight that is off by almost 1.5%???

Well?? Do you?

That's just......ummmm.....errrrrrr.....nothing really.

Thanks for posting the changes. If I were buying a Nitrous, this would have absolutely no effect for me. The fact that you are being up-front about this is another reason that my next bike will, once again, be a Turner.

Even though I think what you did here is admirable, it's a shame that anyone would complain about this....and you know there will be some.

Way to be proactive!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.