Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up an '06 Nitrous (size medium) for next season. I've talked to a couple of dealers and have gotten varying answers as to when they could get one. Answers range from "a couple of weeks" to "sometime in the spring".

I was wondering if there is a typical wait time for Turner's that have to be ordered from the factory. Assuming they didn't have one at the factory waiting to go, would my order go on a list and the frame is built in the order that it was received? Or would it be more like I'd wait until the next batch of Nitrous frames is finished?

Thanks for any info.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
shortpull said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up an '06 Nitrous (size medium) for next season. I've talked to a couple of dealers and have gotten varying answers as to when they could get one. Answers range from "a couple of weeks" to "sometime in the spring".

I was wondering if there is a typical wait time for Turner's that have to be ordered from the factory. Assuming they didn't have one at the factory waiting to go, would my order go on a list and the frame is built in the order that it was received? Or would it be more like I'd wait until the next batch of Nitrous frames is finished?

Thanks for any info.
It would be like waiting for the next batch to get finished. You best bet is talking to a shop that deals with Turner a lot, like Mountain High Cyclery. You might have to not get it through your local shop to get it at a decent lead time. The frames could be available, just need to be hunted down.

_MK

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are you a firm size Medium? Nowhere close to being a Large?

If you could fit a Large without compromising efficiency and fit, you could order an '05 and have it in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention, it would be HL instead of TNT...not that it matters much since they both rock. I ordered my Large Nitrous a couple weeks ago and had it in 5 days.

I am sure you have thought about this option already, but I figured it was worth a shot. I wouldn't worry about frame weight in the Large if that is your concern. It will still be helluva light.

·
Registered
284 Posts
shortpull said:
Hi all,

Thanks for any info.
Does it have to be an 06. Two 05 med., www.velobum.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.