Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One other advantage of N2 that can have some value is that the total lack of moisture can prevent corrosion caused by the water in normal air on delicate parts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is like putting nitrogen in car tires.

What do you do when you have to refill them?

I, cynically, believe that most if the benefit goes to the shop.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
945 Posts
Dangerous! I think ? :(
Because its a thread that wont die? LOL. Nitrogen is pretty much inert. It's used as a shielding gas for welding because of that.
Maybe you've been watching too much Fast and Furious and thinking about "nitrous". Nitrous is used for those purposes because at room temp, it's actually stable and safe to handle.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Because its a thread that wont die? LOL. Nitrogen is pretty much inert. It's used as a shielding gas for welding because of that.
Maybe you've been watching too much Fast and Furious and thinking about "nitrous". Nitrous is used for those purposes because at room temp, it's actually stable and safe to handle.
So do you only ride your MTB at room temp :confused: :)

·
Administrator
10,570 Posts
So do you only ride your MTB at room temp :confused: :)
Nope still not getting it Nitrous does not equal nitrogen. Nitrogen is a large component of air and is less reactive to other molecules than oxygen. Nitrous oxide is what nitrous is what Nitrous is and is a catalyst to the burning of gases in the engine producing faster burns allowing more power.
Putting nitrous oxide in your shock would only destroy it. Putting Nitrogen in your shock would probably meet the design criteria of the shock anyway. Nitrogen charging is common practice for shocks, especially in the world of MX https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Question-Nitrogen-shock-recharge-where,1314725

·
Banned
14 Posts
Nope still not getting it Nitrous does not equal nitrogen. Nitrogen is a large component of air and is less reactive to other molecules than oxygen. Nitrous oxide is what nitrous is what Nitrous is and is a catalyst to the burning of gases in the engine producing faster burns allowing more power.
Putting nitrous oxide in your shock would only destroy it. Putting Nitrogen in your shock would probably meet the design criteria of the shock anyway. Nitrogen charging is common practice for shocks, especially in the world of MX https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Question-Nitrogen-shock-recharge-where,1314725

Have people on here heard of a thing called a Joke ? folks are way too serious :)

61 - 73 of 73 Posts