Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Starting this thread to get some upgrade discussion going and stop hijacking other threads.
Some questions are:
Is the Minewt a 5W or K2 Luxeon? ( thought it was a 5w ls but I keep seeing 4w specs online niterider has no info on their site)
What is the easiest way to overdrive them?
(I just ordered a dual system today)

My complaints about the Minewt are: first you Might not be able to overdrive them and second the reflector pattern is too compact (maybe 3deg).
The 20mm X 18deg reflector sold here solves the spot problem I upgraded a friends this reflector last week it is a perfect replacement.
http://www.quickar.com/lenses.php?session=K8xKjEI2
Also Airbomb has the dual Minewt for 158 online a steal for a dual 5W system.
http://store.airbomb.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=LT9034

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me its not true

wolfbeast said:
Looking forward to what you find to be up-gradeable with the MiNewt. Which degree reflectors should I replace with for my MiNewt DUAL?:thumbsup:
I did some looking into the archives on this forum and it Looks like the smart guys think its a 3w I am kind of bummed. Many web sites list it as a 4w or 5w luxeon.
Come on Nightrider your site has nothing no replacement bats ar chargers to tell the voltage.:mad:

So far the only upgrade is to better reflectors but if is truely a 3w emitter I will consider changing the emitters to a 5w but I am not qualified to mess with a li-ion batt yet.
Maybe a 1A buckpuck on for each emitter? :confused:

·
Mmm... Tasty
700 Posts
napwest said:
Is the Minewt a 5W or K2 Luxeon? ( thought it was a 5w ls but I keep seeing 4w specs online niterider has no info on their site)
What is the easiest way to overdrive them?
(I just ordered a dual system today)
I can definitevely say that it is NOT a K2 emitter... it is the old style LED (pulled one apart already, but no mods).

You might also have a hard time overdriving the light as the main electronics are in the battery (although there is a small circuit board in the head), and the battery looks very hard to get into... at least without destroying it.

-Damon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.