Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/17/07 I thought I might just as well post this problem I've been having lately. I seem to be having a problem finding the OEM replacement bulb for my Niterider 6 volt, 10 watt Spot halogen helmet light. I've looked on several web sites including the Niterider web site and no one seems to list the 10 watt Spot bulb anymore. What the the hell's up with that! Oh, they list a 10 watt but it is now called a "standard" bulb. I ordered one of these thinking it was the spot but it is 15 - 17 degree flood pattern bulb, no good for helmet use. I wrote Niterider about this but they still haven't responded.:mad: My current bulb is still good but I now have to dance around trying to find a good 6 volt spot pattern bulb when my over-volted 10 watt finally blows. I'm considering the 12 watt "spot" Marwi bulb but I have no idea if it will fit in the Niterider housing. ( Note: I've order both the 10 and 15 watt (intermediate) Niterider bulbs and both are dismal as helmet bulbs.) Any suggestions for a better "Spot" bulb replacement?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.