Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I went on a ride right before sunset. I get to the top, ready to head down some singletrack back to the car.

I press the button on my Niterider Blowtorch. The button turns green..but no light. Crap...

Repeat that 5 more times. Crap x5.

So I bomb down the singletrack, hoping to get out before it gets too dark. When I get to the bottom, I try the light again for kicks, and voila - it flickers on.

What gives?? Anybody else ever experience this? Any way to remedy it? I don't want to get stuck out in the dark some day.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Every so often I get jealous of those wonderfully bright HID lights and dimable "Digital" series Nite Riders, but it's times like these where my faith in my "old fashioned" NR Classic is renewed. I don't have an answer for your problem, but you're not the first to experience this!

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
The only issue I have heard of in the past with these lights is early battery packs suddenly dying, but that’s not the issue here.

I’m not sure what’s happening, although it sounds to me like the control circuitry or the ballast is slowly dying.

You’re probably best getting in contact with Niterider to see what they think.

Dave.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the nitrider digital headtrip and the cable between the battery and the light broke INSIDE the rubber/plastic outer casing for the wiring. I had to cut the wires and replace them with a little heavy gauge wire. Try wiggeling the wire near the entrance to the battery pack and the lamp. you never know.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
I've got a Blowtorch also and I had a similar issue when I got it -I started leaving the light in the 'on' position all the time and just unplugging the cables to turn it on and off. Lately I found if I have it hooked all together and press and hold the on light for a few seconds during start up (basically till it is on) there is no issues there....

Hope this helps
FF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.