Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niota AL - anodized?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  mtic 
#1 ·
I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not my niota AL frame is anodized! there's no information about this issue on the litespeed-page :skep:
thanks for your help! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry JoeDesperado,
I doubt that frames are anodized. Anodized paint, that I have seen, is very resistant scratching and scuffing. Within the first few weeks for trail riding with my matte black 2006 Niota AL, I had seen chips and scratches in the paint.
Also, it's difficult to match the paint color here in the states. The frames are produced and painted in Tiawan.
So if you haven't noticed any paint chips or scratches, you must be taking good care of that bike !

#3 ·
thanks for your answer!
the problem is, I'm trying to sell the niota, and so I have to tell those who show interest in the bike something about the frame finish...
The frame already got some chips and scratches, but they just don't look like the typical paint chips I had on my Tomac Revolver (which had a very weak paint finish) - maybe it's just a very weak (and therefore lightweight) anodization?

#11 ·
I will just use this thread for asking about availability of Niota AL.
1. I haven´t found it on Litespeed homepage, so is it possible to get one or is there only Ti version available?:confused:
2. If there is available Niota AL, Where can I get one?

Thanks for the info.

Dejc

#12 ·
Dejc
Only the Ti model is available now. Looks like Litespeed is building only "in house" Ti frames.
Last month several AL frames were up on eBay, and occasionally they come up. Since 2006 was the last year LS produced the AL Niota frame I think bike shops were selling new AL frames cheap (US$500-800) on eBay.

Good Luck finding a frame - it makes a very nice bike.

#14 ·
Dejc:
I've seen a brand new 2006 Niota Al frame advertised by Adrenaline Bikes for US$849:
http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/stor...ntID=0&categoryname=FRAMES: MOUNTAIN: ON SALE

or a complete bike with an XT/SRAM build for as low as US$1,649
http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/stor...=0&categoryname=BIKES: MOUNTAIN BIKES ON SALE

Their prices are very competitive and Neil and David respond quickly and will patiently help you customize your ride anyway you want.
Email them and see for yourself. Tell them Harv M sent you. They're building my 2007 Niota Ti!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.