Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the 29 revolution is for real.

I was a spectator at the firecracker 50 this weekend in Breckenridge Colorado, and there were tons of competitors running 29. To my surprise there were plenty of women riders rocking them as well. Most of them were Niners, and Fishers, with some rigid surly's and actually a few Spots as well (belt drive SS), also a pretty cool Jones too.

Niner had a tent set up and i got a Niner kool-aid water bottle for my MCR as well as a peek at a new SWEET rigid niner fork, but my damn camera was dead, and my wife had my phone, so no picts. but it was sweet, a bit thicker and more blade/oval shaped. I'm sure we will see more of them, this one was on a kermit green air nine I believe.

sorry no picts, but I just wanted to post how excited i was to see the revolution taking shape

·
simple
665 Posts
I was thinking the big difference on the new rigid fork is that it was carbon and shaped like nothing else on the market for mtb forks. It looked like a carbon cyclocross fork on steroids.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they were straight, but yeah they were beefy, larger diameter. I have no idea if they were carbon though. I hope not i am too big for a carbon rigid fork, but would like one of these on my Single speed. (if it is steel).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.