Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beer it does a body good!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a disc break on my KM. It works OK but not great. How long does it take to break in? Is there any way to speed the process? Martini ? Anybody?

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Brakes for bikes, Martinis for breaks

cronometro said:
I put a disc break on my KM. It works OK but not great. How long does it take to break in? Is there any way to speed the process? Martini ? Anybody?
I like avoid breaks on my bikes. They stop better with brakes. The martini you mentioned could be good for a break. :D

Seriously, if they don't stop well after 10-20 stops then you may need to adjust them. That, or maybe you bought the wrong brakes; there are some cheap mechanicals out there that may never stop very well.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
My avid mechs were strong from the end of the first ride. My hope mono m4's did not really settle on the dozen xc rides, thenI did some DH runs at Lutsen and.... wow these things have grunt.

·
Beer it does a body good!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I could spell

If I could spell the world would be mine, damn dyslexia. I sapose the three large glasses of wine might have something to do with it. Anyway, I went on the cheep to try disc brakes (breaks) I got Tektros to try discs on my bike. I have resisted up to now because I had no complaint about my Vs . I dont ride in the wet because I end up repairing the trails afterward. I did not see a need for discs and maybe I dont have a need but I will try them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.