Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so as I can't get a demo on either of these which rides the best? I had a go on a Giant XTC 29 and for a small frame I thought I was sitting on top of it. It turned fine on switchbacks but at 28 pounds my 5ft 6in body was making the big wheel acceleration even worse.
Obviously the GF dealers are saying get a Superfly but I can only afford a Paragon or for $500 more a Niner Air/MCR with some XT bits and AC wheels.
Thoughts from small people welcomed.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
i had a superfly and now have a air9. i personally don't like the g2 geometry, the front end feels choppered and far out, it has a real slack head angle and alot of fork offset. for me the air9 has better geometry.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Niner. I've ridden a few GF G2 frames, but like the geometry of my niner quite a bit more.

While G2 might work, I don't like the idea of having a special offset fork. No chance of swapping back and forth if you change frames (GF to non-GF or vice-versa). Hopefully others don't start doing similar things with their geo, I've already seen enough questions about G2 forks on non-G2 frames.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.