Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NORCAL 29er rider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the build on this bike. I used a Cannondale Jekyll 2000 as my donor bike and then build up some Stans 355's. The Project 321 adapter is plush. I need to reduce travel to 80mm to get the correct set up for the 29er wheel. I did not think I would like this set up as much as I do. It is a blast to ride.

Attachments

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
I like it! :thumbsup: Thanks for posting. I have a MCR as well and am getting close to converting my Reba to coil. The air is not plush enough.

·
Registered
479 Posts
gridley108 said:
Just finished the build on this bike. I used a Cannondale Jekyll 2000 as my donor bike and then build up some Stans 355's. The Project 321 adapter is plush. I need to reduce travel to 80mm to get the correct set up for the 29er wheel. I did not think I would like this set up as much as I do. It is a blast to ride.
Nice bike!!!!

I'm guessing you got one of the Ti footed DLRs?

Was it really necessary to reduce the travel? I found that on medium KMs and small Inbred frames the head tube was short enough to allow the bottom clamp to be slid up the Lefty's shaft and still have enough room for the tire when the fork was compressed all the way. This was not true for my Kona Unit 2-9. What is the spacing between the clamps? Just curious...

Marty

·
NORCAL 29er rider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbsup: Thank you! Yes it is a Ti DLR. The spacing between the clamps is120mm which would lead me to believe that the travel reduction might not be completely necessary, but it works well and I happy with the performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.