Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People

Going to pull the trigger on 29er steel rig. But I need some feedback...

I am 1.88 meter tall, 93 kg. Also want to run it geared.

Niner MCR or On-One Inbred ? I like the niner allot but the price might ambush my plans. Then there is the On-One Inbred... Seems to be cheap, compared to the niner, and that is not a bad thing But I do not find allot of reviews of the bike or allot of information about the company on the web. So would like to know from the people that rides them...

Ciao

nardusg

·
24-36-48
55 Posts
I am 189 tall. If I had the money, I would go for an MCR. I do own an Inbred with sliding dropouts as a winter bike.

It looks cool from the distance but what I dont like is the pretty straight chainstays. I tend to touch the chainstays and especially the brakes with my feet. The brakes because they are mounted before the center of the wheel - because of the sliding dropout.

And: as far as I remember: the MCR is about 20% lighter than the MCR. On the long run it's easier to replace a wheelset or the tires in terms of weightsaving but you won't just easily replace e frame.

I do own a RIP and an EMD and I am happy with it. But the reason I bought an Inbred was to save the two from Munich salty Winter roads...

I would suggest buying a MCR

Ellen

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
There's generally no need for a replaceable dropout on a steel frame. If it bends, you can bend it back. Actually, the Niner replaceable dropout might make this area more prone to failure, since it puts a hole through a thin section of the frame.

ellen_muenchen said:
I forgot: The Inbred has NO replaceable rear dropout. That should be standard..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts