Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it has new Breezer drop outs, but was hoping someone had some spy pics. I am also interested in it, but it will all depend on the price point.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Magic Carpet Ride

Yes the m.c.r. 9 is here. We are doing a photo shoot today. I will post pictures by fri for you all to see. The frame is very much the same as the s.i.r. 9 with the exception of the EBB and the m.c.r. 9 will have top cable routing. The frame is a bit lighter as well. The price is $749.00 and comes in two colors, Rootbeer brown (A&W is the color name) and Tang.

Our website will be updated with all information sometime next week.

Chris
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
routing

Rainman,

All things being equal, top tube cable routing provides slightly better shifting. We do downtube routing on the s.i.r. 9 to keep the lines of the bike cleaner if you decide to run it SS.

The Air 9, e.m.d. 9 and r.i.p. 9 all have top tube routing.

Chris
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Padre said:
don't worry, pretty sure top cable routing means the underside of the top tube...not the top of the top tube....at least that's how the Air 9 is.
Padre, anyone ever tell you that you are a lucky man? I wish my wife would like to ride.

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Yes the m.c.r. 9 is here. We are doing a photo shoot today. I will post pictures by fri for you all to see. The frame is very much the same as the s.i.r. 9 with the exception of the EBB and the m.c.r. 9 will have top cable routing. The frame is a bit lighter as well. The price is $749.00 and comes in two colors, Rootbeer brown (A&W is the color name) and Tang.

Our website will be updated with all information sometime next week.

Chris
Niner Bikes
By any chance will the Sir 9 be relegated to SS only?
I am a PITA picky consumer, and I had looked at the Sir 9 recently. I started warming up my dremel and thinking....ahhhh... a little touch up paint??

I never want gears or suspension. (until it's prescribed by four physicians).

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
teamdicky said:
By any chance will the Sir 9 be relegated to SS only?
I am a PITA picky consumer, and I had looked at the Sir 9 recently. I started warming up my dremel and thinking....ahhhh... a little touch up paint??

I never want gears or suspension. (until it's prescribed by four physicians).
grand total of 4 cable guides to get rid of, and my frame came with matching touch up paint... and because of the down tube routing you never even notice them...i was thinking the same thing, but just can't be bothered...

by the way, i'm not affiliated with or sponsored by, or given free stuff by niner. although if they wanted to i might consider taking it:D

tell me if these cable guides are what you notice...

Attachments

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
teamdicky said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! My eyes!!!!!

I know. They did a good job keeping them on the down low. I just hate superfluous thingamadings.
Actually the first thing I noticed was the red fork and blue grips.
i'm going to get a green king headset soon too, just to really confuse things...or maybe pink, cause i like donating to charity:D and if i mention that it's for a good cause i'm often allowed to contribute that way! now if I9 would support breast cancer reasearch i'd be totally down with a donation!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.