Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Rootberry said:
riding rigid singlspeeds in CO is pretty hardcore.. My hands, shoulders, and legs hurt just looking at those pics.
indeed.....i literally shipped the bike (to my sister in CO) a day after the shop built it up for me to be waiting for me on my vacation.

this picture still rattles my cage (cant remember the name right now; something with "Deer" in it I believe)

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Padre said:
Here's one from Wednesday (ready for the Dear Valley Nationals)...propped up against my neighbors garage door.
Absolutely stunning scenery.:p
(p.s. 21.7lbs, ready to race...and about to get the "fo" treatment a bit more)
Nice!

I am digging the Fo treatment which I assume you are speaking of......when I get some coin, gonna do the same on my Salsa but with a dual setup.

best of luck on the race!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Feldybikes said:
I believe that's the section of Deer Creek that's generally know as "the wall." (not to be confused with the Pink Floyd album of the same name)
yeah..thats it! awesome trail...the first I went on when there.

another one that challenged my wrists in some sections, but not nearly as painful as having to ride with that ahole Squeaky Wheel and pretend I was interested in anything he had to say, was a super fun trail right behind Larry Mettler's shop...Devils Backbone. I got to sample the El Capitain demo Larry had while I waited for squeaky bunghole and el beastro to show up later that day. had a great time.

·
2,856 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Let's get all the 29ers on the front range together for a ride this Sunday in the am. Feldy, you up for it? 8:30am at the parking lot of APEX.

Who else is in?

Steve
Niner Bikes
I was just going to PM 2melow about riding up in his neck of the woods this weekend on that new trail....I'm in but I don't have a Niner :eek: just a 29'er :)

Ed E

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
edemtbs said:
I was just going to PM 2melow about riding up in his neck of the woods this weekend on that new trail....I'm in but I don't have a Niner :eek: just a 29'er :)

Ed E
I thought the hot ticket was Ned for tomorrow? No Niners, but a Soulcraft 29'er and a OnOne 29'er...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good to hear you're back in town, Steve.

That sounds like a good idea, but the wife and I are going riding and camping in Steamboat this weekend, so that's not gonna work. I think we're going to hit Lair o' the Bear this afternoon if anyone's interested, though timing is currently not quite set (and weather dependent). Maybe catch ya next week?

·
2,818 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I'm actually putting in a big ride on Sunday with a couple other guys from up here training for the Laramie Range Enduro....here is what I thought about:

Ride from Fort Collins down Taft Hill to Devils Backbone -

Ride DB up to Blue Sky-

Ride Blue Sky up to Horsetooth Mtn Park

Ride HTMP service road up to Mill Creek

Bomb down Mill Creek into Lory

Take South Valley trail out,

Bomb down Michaud back onto Overland Trail.

I'm thinking this will be 4-6 hours depending what time we leave and how many show up.

This is pretty Epic. FO - if you did Devils Backbone, here is the new section to the North which hooks Devils Backbone with Coyote Ridge and Horestooth Mountain Park. The last two times riding it I have seen a golden eagle fly across and swoop down to pick up some type of little rodent from literally miles away. Pretty cool.

Attachments

·
caffeine dependent
186 Posts
Are you riding that on geared bikes or one-speeds? "Epic" sounds like a good start for describing that ride.

Every year, when the Laramie ride comes around, I always have something else going on. This year, I'll be learning how to be a dad.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.