Naturally Organic
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AM HT seem to be popular... :)
Banshee Paradox...
The versatile Canfield Yelli Screamy...
Add the Niner H.I.T. 9...

From 29"
Niner Bikes showed this prototype, (as yet un-named, but "H.I.T. 9″ is the current front runner), which is basically a hard tail R.I.P.9. Steve Domahidy of Niner has been testing this sled on BMX tracks, skate parks, and on mountains, of course, and says it is pretty fun. Look for an announcement as to what may happen with this in the near future. Niner says if it goes into production to expect a ISCG tabbed bottom bracket and not the EBB on the show bike.

·
Delirious Tuck
2,471 Posts
Another AM frame (assuming it sells) means another reason for a 36mm stanchion long travel 29er fork (non-modded).

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Either that pic is way off, or that's one FUGLY a$$ HT :p I'm thinking if they go with what they have there maybe the S.N.A.P.9 might be appropriate :skep:

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
LyNx said:
Either that pic is way off, or that's one FUGLY a$$ HT :p I'm thinking if they go with what they have there maybe the S.N.A.P.9 might be appropriate :skep:
it certainly does look pieced together from spare tubing, but I like their direction with this:thumbsup:

Unfortunately Nuke Proof just took the Snap name their new hardtail. Who would have thought that name would stay available for so long ;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
When read the title I was oh chit! It's gonna be the fabled longer travel than the wfo prototype bike... I still think it's cool though...

·
Registered
757 Posts
thefriar said:
Another AM frame (assuming it sells) means another reason for a 36mm stanchion long travel 29er fork (non-modded).
Completely agree- gimme a good burly AM HT 29r frame (prefer steel- but whatever) and a nice 35-36mm stanchion fork 140mm.

I am 235- 250 with gear ride hard I dont ride weight weenie stuff and like my bikes solid enough to take the riding I throw at it and keep on going.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
It's as pretty as the RIP9.

I didn't buy the RIP9 to be pretty. I bought it to be 'last bike to survive the apocalypse' burly.

PS - what's with the hate in this forum lately? This place is sounding like the Road forum over at Bikeforums.net. Sheesh. :D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
LyNx said:
it was a partnership with Lenz which is reflected by the HT junction

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Hate :confused: All that bike is is a cobbled together RIP9 front tri onto what looks like the normal rear stays, nothing changed, heck doesn't even look like it was welded from scratch, looks like the just grabbed an already welded up front tri and rear tri, cut off what wasn't necessary and then welded the thing together :rolleyes: I was a bit nice before is saying it was FUGLY, truth is it's downright fvcking ugly and niners attempt to try and cash in now on the work of others.

schnee said:
It's as pretty as the RIP9.

I didn't buy the RIP9 to be pretty. I bought it to be 'last bike to survive the apocalypse' burly.

PS - what's with the hate in this forum lately? This place is sounding like the Road forum over at Bikeforums.net. Sheesh. :D

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
looks like a 29er giant acid! :skep:
what? i loved my giant acid! :D

ok, so beyond it being "unconventional in appearance"...
positive points: i think it could handle well, I like the dropped standover and the hydroformed front end.
I think monocoque designs are tailor-made for 29ers and allow shorter wheelbase along with good wheel travel on the front fork. without downtube interference.
I'd rather see a noodle tube than a 3 tube cut and welded dt/ht/gusset junction. (there are bad examples of each design)

I think it should compare favourably with monocoque HT's like the tazer, the predator and the rumble (kinda-monocoque.. kinda-coque?!)

That being said, I'mI'm known for riding kludge-fugly bikes, so much so that an LBS on the other side of my city recognized a build I did for a friend of mine when he went in to get tires.

·
Supersonic Garfield
605 Posts
LyNx said:
Hate :confused: All that bike is is a cobbled together RIP9 front tri onto what looks like the normal rear stays, nothing changed, heck doesn't even look like it was welded from scratch, looks like the just grabbed an already welded up front tri and rear tri, cut off what wasn't necessary and then welded the thing together :rolleyes: I was a bit nice before is saying it was FUGLY, truth is it's downright fvcking ugly and niners attempt to try and cash in now on the work of others.
it's a P.R.O.T.O.T.Y.PE.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts