Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mtn-Rider, sounds like that could be it. I posted in that thread and waiting for a response.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Right on!! Curious to hear the details but props to whomever got this man his ride back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on!! Curious to hear the details but props to whomever got this man his ride back.

I work for a east valley Police Dept. and saw the Niner in the Property and Evidence room and it was a lot different than most of the crap that comes through. I pulled the report and did a little leg work and viola bike returned.

·
Registered
535 Posts

I work for a east valley Police Dept. and saw the Niner in the Property and Evidence room and it was a lot different than most of the crap that comes through. I pulled the report and did a little leg work and viola bike returned.
Good for you hopefully some good karma comes your way soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, a giant thank you to 28/29!! I am the owner of the bike. I wasn't sure about posting on here as I didn't know if he wanted his job outed. Great detective work on his part, plus he went above and beyond to keep the ball rolling on getting the bike returned.

Thanks also to Mtn-Rider for making the connection here. This kind of stuff is what the MTB community is all about!
Thanks Again,
David

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice! glad to hear it made it back home. Any word on the on the perpetrator(s)? Friend? neighbor? Crackhead? Were the other items taken recovered?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scumbag broke into his garage and stole a bunch of stuff but the bike was recovered all by itself. Scumbag was riding the bike and up to no good when an officer tried to make contact. Scumbag took off and crashed on the bike and was not seen again. I am not sure if any of the other stuff has been recovered.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That too bad he wasn't caught for it. People like that will get caught for something eventually.
I personally wish people who got caught for things involving theft and vandalism would get it hard, about elbow deep.. I did read somewhere that Tempe PD was charging bike theft as felony trafficking of stolen property or something like that to all the tweekers steeling bikes around asu which is awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts