Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a ton of EMD builds but mine is different...

Because it is MINE. Things are going slow, but here are the initial stages.

So far prices:
Frame $299 JensonUSA
Fork $350 BikerBob
Avid R Brakes $120 front & rear (MTBR classified)
XT Shifters/Rear D 10 spd dyna $100 (MTBR classified)
And a few other things... Stem is only temp - Not gunna buy one until I size this sucker up... Hopefully I can keep the cost under $1500 and keep the weight under 24lbs
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm building a budget EMD for myself, so jealous I couldn't find a deal on a white Reba I got a Black one though

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going for a "white" look for the cockpit. White monkeybars are on the list also..

I am also going to be going white for the Stans rims... I think its going to look clean... Maybe a little to clean... lol..

Yes. moondust it is.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link that is a great deal. They were actually $221 during Xmas time! Anyhow, Bikerbob sells the Stans wheelset for $385 I believe -- Which is a GREAT DEAL! Wheelset is the most important part of the build in my opinion, espcially with 29' wheels.

I almost jumped on the Blackflag wheelset from Sun during Xmas. They had black for $220! Thats an incredible price!

·
Goats Rule!
354 Posts
Sweetness. I'm almost done with mine - all I have left to do is cut the brake lines. There's a pink CK BB on there too and the cassette is a Sram 990 with red carrier. Bike came in at 24.4 lbs, large frame.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updated pic!!
All I need now is:

Stans Wheels/tires
adjust cockpit (cut down fork more and figure out stem size)

Then I am DONE!

Attachments

·
At Work
1,814 Posts
I have the white Stans Arches and they dont stay "White"....... Something to think about.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Can't wait to see the build. I just finished mine a love it. I like the looks of the older style vs the new style frame.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
Can you please post a pic? I'm about to pull the trigger on some white Arches...:eek:

Not a Niner, but it's white Stan's rims on a dark 29er with a white Reba - so close to your setup. I've had white wheels and white bikes with no issues. They get dirty just like black rims/bikes and they clean up fine when you want them to.

t70 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATED PICS!!
Almost there... Still need to:

install chain & shift cables
cut down fork
find and install a shorter stem
Shorten the brake lines/bleed
Grab some M540 pedals from Jenson (platforms are just temp)

I think that's all that is left...
I spent a total of $1720
I will give a breakdown of price when I am done..
I think I am under 24lbs... I will get an acurate weight when I am done..

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts