Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Niner just announced it's selling their flattop bar in Carbon now. With the Air 9 in carbon sounds like maybe more carbon is on it's way. I'm holding out till they make a RIP 9 carbon.
 

·
Big Boy
Joined
·
978 Posts
I was stoked about this bar when i heard about it. Finally a flat carbon bar over 700mm!! Then i saw it was 160$$ kinda killed it for me. Im still gonna get one for my next bike though.
 
G

·
I was excited about this as well. The bigger announcement however is the 5 year warranty on all there carbon goods, and it is retroactive to any of the stuff people have already. Nice work on the customer service.
 

·
Carbon & Ti rule
Joined
·
5,410 Posts
ToneyRiver said:
Niner just announced it's selling their flattop bar in Carbon now. With the Air 9 in carbon sounds like maybe more carbon is on it's way. I'm holding out till they make a RIP 9 carbon.
I to would love a carbon Rip9 & would be buying 1 as soon as I could get my hands on 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Nice to have a carbon flatbar available that's that wide, they will probably sell a bunch. But $110 more for a 75 gram (.165 lbs) weight savings over the Niner aluminum bar is not worth it for me personally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Joe Mama said:
Nice to have a carbon flatbar available that's that wide, they will probably sell a bunch. But $110 more for a 75 gram (.165 lbs) weight savings over the Niner aluminum bar is not worth it for me personally.
IMO, a carbon bar has a much bigger benefit than weight... vibration dampening. If I ride an alloy bar on single track, my hands are usually tingling in about 30 minutes, with a carbon bar I can ride 4+ hours before I feel any hand fatigue.
 

·
A hopped on pop.
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
craigsj said:
Why is the Enve bar so expensive?
why are enve rims so expensive???

LOL....just kidding.

well, if you want quality, you gotta pay. price seems right in line with the niner carbon bar.

have you seen how much the enve carbon post is? now that is expensive!

but i want one (the bar, stem and post), so match my enve wheels....LOL.
 
G

·
Kam said:
well, if you want quality, you gotta pay. price seems right in line with the niner carbon bar.
Yes, exactly and the Niner bar is in line with the Enve price. Go back and see what I was responding to.
 
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top