Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build up a rigid 29er with short CS and slack front end, but I'm having a hard time finding a fork that'll maintain the geometry.

I was comparing the Honzo, ROS, and the Nimble Nine.

The N9 says it can be run 100-120, whereas the Honzo and ROS are supposed to run 120-140.

So is this just a slight of the hands or is the N9 "okay" with a P2 rigid fork that corrects for a 100mm suspension fork.

The $$ are burning a hole in my pocket after I stayed up last night looking at N9 pics, yum! I'm thinking chrome and red, just like my 1976 Redline :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have my 1st gen N9 built up with the 490mm AtoC White Brothers Rock Solid. I really didn't want to go the carbon route and looked everywhere for a steel fork with a similar AtoC but only found one option and it was boat anchor. I really enjoy the longer fork on the N9 and have had no problems with the carbon fork, it just fells like a rigid fork to me.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Salsa is coming out with their ChroMoto Grande with a tapered steerer and 15mm maxle... Corrected for an 80mm fork. That is the fork I'm getting for days when I want to ride my N9 rigid. You can always use a taller crown race depending on the headset. That might slacken the HTA a bit.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 485mm (close to 100mm corrected) Soul Cycles Dillinger fork in black if you're interested. My preference has been carbon on my N9, but after a few years riding rigid, I'm starting to feel the need for more speed on the downs, so a suspension fork might be on the horizon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This winter I will be swapping a 120mm Tower Pro for a Voodoo Zombie 500 ridgid fork. The 500mm ac should keep the geometry right.

·
Registered
547 Posts
This winter I will be swapping a 120mm Tower Pro for a Voodoo Zombie 500 ridgid fork. The 500mm ac should keep the geometry right.
How was the Tower Pro on your N9? I'm actually doing the opposite, swapping a 485 Soul Cycles Dillinger rigid fork for a 100mm Tower Pro. I use my N9 for XC duties, hence the shorter travel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts