Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quick update on my N9...still love it!

Picked up a set of Paragon Machine Works slider hardware. The tensioning bolt is a little heavier duty than the stock one, and the brass thumb nut keeps me from carrying a open ended wrench on rides; works great! I haven't tried the actual slider bolts yet, as the ones that came with my N9 have been flawless, save for neglect-induced surface rust

Complete bike in its current form:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize your post is waaaay old
But I have that same frame and my talas just died and am in need of a new fork. I was under the impression that the niner fork you have on the bike now only came in a tapered steer tube. Did you work some magic or find a straight steer tube? Thanks
Picked up this little gem as is off the Canfiled website, it was a demo bike. Just shy of 24lbs. Logged about 100miles on it in the last 3-4 weeks and am very pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi So i've picked up a 2013 nimble 9 considering the fork options. Wondering about offset on these older frames. should i be going 44 or keep it a little longer. I'm assuming the frame was designed for a 51mm or 55mm

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi So i've picked up a 2013 nimble 9 considering the fork options. Wondering about offset on these older frames. should i be going 44 or keep it a little longer. I'm assuming the frame was designed for a 51mm or 55mm
My understanding is that shorter offset fork will work best with slacker HA frame (from 66 and under). So with a 2013 frame, I would be tempted to go 51mm offset. You can have a look at this: NSMB.com - Short Fork Offset - What's It Good For?

Reactions: refreshinglygood
21 - 36 of 36 Posts