Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousing called me this afternoon. "What about a night riding?!" he said. He's recovering from a serious crash that sent him to the hospital with a badly broken wrist. He is a plastic surgeon so it was kind of a tragedy. He's riding again but his self confidence is severely afected. Night riding help you focus just the trail, erasing all the distractions and not allowing to build panic before some tech trail. At night you ride through everything.

Well, put the lights on and go. I took the camera and decided to take flashless pics. Not the best but i kind of like the result.
 

Attachments

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry if the answer is kind of disappointing. The helmet lights are a pair of CatEyes

The handlebars lights are the same. I think this LEDs are perfect for helmet. Throw a decent beam and last 30 hours or more. I've done several 12/24 races depending of this combination. HIDs are bright and full beams but the price/battery lasting/dependability of just one light is questionable. This 4 lights wheight less than a full light HID system.
 

Attachments

·
Trail rider and racer
Joined
·
4,691 Posts
JDO said:
Sorry if the answer is kind of disappointing. The helmet lights are a pair of CatEyes

The handlebars lights are the same. I think this LEDs are perfect for helmet. Throw a decent beam and last 30 hours or more. I've done several 12/24 races depending of this combination. HIDs are bright and full beams but the price/battery lasting/dependability of just one light is questionable. This 4 lights wheight less than a full light HID system.
Awesome thanks for posting. They are fascinating indeed. I was familiar with the bar mounted ones but not the helmet ones.

Trevor!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,136 Posts
How did you attach the cateyes to helmet ?

JDO said:
By the way. What kind of lights do you use for night ridind?
I use jetlites analog version. How did you guys attached the lights to helmet? I thought Cateyes only make adapter for handle bar? How far did the beam shine ahead of bike. I would like to know . The inquisitive mind ask you an important question :cool:
 

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picard said:
I use jetlites analog version. How did you guys attached the lights to helmet? I thought Cateyes only make adapter for handle bar? How far did the beam shine ahead of bike. I would like to know . The inquisitive mind ask you an important question :cool:
Pikard: I'm going to take a pic of the lights beams. So you can judge for yourself. I think this combination works well (for the price).
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Excellent shots...how'd you do the first shot? I'm slowly learning about cameras...it looks like a long shutter exposure to get all the lights/city clearly, but in my mind that'd likely make your two buds all blurry (assuming they didn't hold still).

What was your exposure time? Do you bring a small tripod on the trails with you?

Thks for any info,
Kirk
 

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm using a Sony DSC-W1. I set the time at 15 sec. and the apperture at 2.8. The helmets lights were off. What you see is the reflection of the indirect handlebar lights on it.


I Didn't ride this morning. You want to know why? The reason that makes me ride sometimes 3-4 times a week at night is my job. I'm just coming home from the hospital. I was working. Not about riding but almost everybody close their eyes at what I do, and I found it kind of funny..
 

Attachments

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
Joined
·
693 Posts
JDO said:
I'm using a Sony DSC-W1. I set the time at 15 sec. and the apperture at 2.8. The helmets lights were off. What you see is the reflection of the indirect handlebar lights on it.

I Didn't ride this morning. You want to know why? The reason that makes me ride sometimes 3-4 times a week at night is my job. I'm just coming home from the hospital. I was working. Not about riding but almost everybody close their eyes at what I do, and I found it kind of funny..
Great shot. My wife wants to know what kind of surgery. Heart? Looks like a chest spreader?
Dan C.
 

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captain Kana said:
Great shot. My wife wants to know what kind of surgery. Heart? Looks like a chest spreader?
Dan C.
Yep! The old and faithfull ticker. Beating heart bypass surgery. The first pic shows the implantation on the first conduit (LIMA) and the last one shows the inferior aspect of the heart where the radial artery it's being anastomosed. I use a cardiac stablilyser and a cardiac positioner (the two plastic little arms).
 

·
Faller - Expert Class
Joined
·
647 Posts
The dreaded chest spreader!!!

Ugh! That seriously is my worst fear in life, ever having to have the chest spreader used on me.....Spontaneous Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) was enough for me!!!
Cool pics!!!!
:eek:
 

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
psinsyd said:
Ugh! That seriously is my worst fear in life, ever having to have the chest spreader used on me.....Spontaneous Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) was enough for me!!!
Cool pics!!!!
:eek:
If you keep riding, there's few chances that you end with a heartjob performed by the heart plumbers.

Riding is as important for me as my job. I move elective surgery times always if interfere with my training. Emergencies: can't do. Nite riding is usually the answer. Remember that your body is the main productive machine you have. Taking care of that should be important. Improves your productivity, improves your productive time in several years. So, riding is like puting money in the bank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,136 Posts
discount on heart surgery ?

JDO said:
If you keep riding, there's few chances that you end with a heartjob performed by the heart plumbers.

Riding is as important for me as my job. I move elective surgery times always if interfere with my training. Emergencies: can't do. Nite riding is usually the answer. Remember that your body is the main productive machine you have. Taking care of that should be important. Improves your productivity, improves your productive time in several years. So, riding is like puting money in the bank.
Do you give MTB riders discount if end up in your hospital? discount on heart surgery ? :D
 

·
Heart Plumber
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Picard said:
Do you give MTB riders discount if end up in your hospital? discount on heart surgery ? :D
Free of charge >You may laugh but this is truth. Last year I operated a friend biker. He didn't have to pay a thing. Today I stitched the face of the 2 year old son of another biker. Money is not my business, surgery is cool by itself.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top