Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
It has been a few years, but I have ridden there at night. I ride San Clemente/Rose Canyon at night all the time. Mission Trails rangers an San Clemente rangers have the same boss. I think Tracy Walker is still ranger at Mission Trails. Good guy.

Scott in San Diego

·
Registered
490 Posts
outside! said:
It has been a few years, but I have ridden there at night. I ride San Clemente/Rose Canyon at night all the time. Mission Trails rangers an San Clemente rangers have the same boss. I think Tracy Walker is still ranger at Mission Trails. Good guy.

Scott in San Diego
Here is a rundown of some of the Senior Rangers for the City of San Diego,

Tracy is the senior Ranger for Mission Trails. (He was the Ranger for Tri-Canyon).

Carla Frogner is the Senior Ranger for Tri-Canyon Open Space Parks.

Gina Washington is the Senior Ranger for Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve.

I believe Lori Charett is still the Senior Ranger for Black Mountain Open Space.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The bad news: all San Diego County and City parks are closed from sunset to sunrise.

The good news: the Rangers are so under staffed they don’t have the time or resource to go chase down Bikers or anyone using the Park at night.

·
We're going down WHAT??
319 Posts
I've brought this up to the ranger before....

I have spoken to the rangers out at Sycamore Canyon, and as they have told me that riding in the park is not allowed after dark, they are aware that some people do it anyhow and tend to "turn a blind eye". I have ridden there for several years and have never had a problem. Just ride in groups, be safe and have fun. Use common sense when riding out there and if you are starting the ride from Santee, start at the parking lot just east of West Hills High School and not in the neighborhood adjacent to the trail and you will be OK. :thumbsup:

You may want to beware the male cougar that will wander through there at night on his way between his two female friends. (One of his mates is in Big Sky Ranch and the other is on the Military Base Camp Elliott just off the 52 freeway). Apparently the male uses Sycamore canyon as his connection between the two areas at night!

·
Registered
490 Posts
jonsocal said:
You may want to beware the male cougar that will wander through there at night on his way between his two female friends. (One of his mates is in Big Sky Ranch and the other is on the Military Base Camp Elliott just off the 52 freeway). Apparently the male uses Sycamore canyon as his connection between the two areas at night!
Good to hear the male cougar is getting some *****cat.

Jonsocal, Want to join us for a ride tomorrow at Sycamore….sorry I forgot, the only Bike you are riding these day's is a stationary Bike, Have fun.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't get hurt..........

jonsocal said:
I have spoken to the rangers out at Sycamore Canyon, and as they have told me that riding in the park is not allowed after dark, they are aware that some people do it anyhow and tend to "turn a blind eye". I have ridden there for several years and have never had a problem. Just ride in groups, be safe and have fun. Use common sense when riding out there and if you are starting the ride from Santee, start at the parking lot just east of West Hills High School and not in the neighborhood adjacent to the trail and you will be OK. :thumbsup:
Ranger Bill at Sycamore also was saying not to stop on the tops of the hills in the normal resting areas and BS if your going to be riding at night and that if you get hurt to make sure and get out of the park before you call for help or you will be given a ticket for trespassing :nono:

Marty W

·
Who's riding today?
1,434 Posts
Rangers

...... and remember....

.....DON'T MESS WITH BILL!!!

He's cool guy and always out there with a smile and helping hand. He'll show ya right where "snaglepuss" goes thru.......

Hee HA!

Caballo LoCo

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
I was about 1/4 mile past Santo Rd. on the 52 east tonight and I saw two guys riding down north Fortuna towards Sycott. I was stuck in traffic while these guys were riding down a great trail with their bright a$$ HIDs. Lucky!

·
Registered
40 Posts
MTRP at night

I ride there a couple times a week at night (although I have been traveling for work lately and not bee on the bike at all lately) either with friends or alone for the past few years and have never had any trouble. I usually see groups leave on Tuesday's and Wednesday's from the camp ground parking lot. Have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.