Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First one of the year at South Seatac. My 7 mile minimal repeat loop is so much fun at night. :D

Just sayin.....

Anyone interested in a 20 plus mile non repeating loop at Lake Sawyer at night. :D

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seattlechronic said:
I would be...

ERic
Maybe i'll post a Saturday night ride on the BBTC board as well on these boards.... :)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Night riding at Sawyer is so fun.

We just did a pre-turkey day ride at Sawyer on Wednesday night and man was it fun!! We started off of 288th and did a full loop with about 3 hours of riding. With a tight group, you can really cover ground out there and trails like the bridges and toy trail all have great flow.
Of course, having HID's with 3.5 hour burn times certainly helps too! When we used to night ride there in years past, we always had to limp home with several lights burned out

Trails were in fantastic shape and there was minimal mud (that's probably changing with the weather now). We didn't do the loop on the other side of the highway, but got into most of the other trails.

Ooh yeah, over near 288th and Black Bear, we started in on "JLG" trail, but needed to head to the cars as lights were starting to go. I'd love to fully ride that one though.....

Have fun guys....
EB

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ebxtreme said:
"JLG" trail
Nice trail we rode it twice last weekend to help break it in.
Whoever did Black Bear needs to be commended, that's some top notch trail work for certain. i remember riding thru there before the work and it was a miserable bog slog. Shoring up the trail with those mini elevated pvc pipe culverts, built up armored trail with drainage to the side, and that sweet little sweeping corner made out of pavers makes riding that trail a blast.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright everyone i posted a ride on BBTC's site.

http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=3791

If you're a member sign up, if not verify you want to come by speaking up on this board.

i'm starting at 3:15 so we can warm up with the techy trail across the road in daylight. As we start covering real ground in the main section, dusk will descend down on us as we go, and giving us more light burn time to try to complete the mileage.

it's gonna be good times..... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts