Registered
88 Posts
agreed, 2 light is best light

bar light to see shadows for size and depth perception of the trail and chunder
headlamp to see where you ain't yet, but want to be going
Got myself a new set of Niterider Enduro lights. Dark seasons gonna be fun. :D

EDIT:
Enduro 4200 and 2200 lights.
I've been a Niterider user since the Halogen and H.I.D. age.
Even back then it was according to an old colleague like having the g*d damned sun with me on a ride. Mind you he used Silvas Orienteering lights. So slight mismatch between us.
But todays systems are something else. I mean dayum.
They're easily better than even my old STORM H.I.D. stunning as that light may have been.

I did buy some cheapo lights a couple of years ago. Way smaller. But no where near my Niteriders performancewise. So they're relegated to loaner status.
I'm never again going to compromise on headlights. Yes I could get 10 cheapo systems for the price of my current Niteriders. But you know what. They're worth it. It's not only about the Lumens. It's also about beam patterns. And Niteriders reflectors really are miles better than the cheapos.
But if I could not afford my Niteriders I'd still be rocking my cheapos with a smile. Because honestly they do the job just fine. It's just that the Niteriders have better coverage overall, brighter, whiter light and better mounts and batteries. And the cheapos are smaller and lighter. And at times that actually matters. Don't get me wrong. For straight up Downhilling I'll run full Niteriders. But. For a quick blast I'll grab whatever is good to go.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts