Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
By the way, that ride was FUN! Had 4 of us. Up Pet, down Cross. Packed snow on much of Pet. Lightly packed snow on much of the Cross. Really no bothersome iciness on Cross. Just hard work pedaling the flats.

Got a good upper body workout wrenching the bars around to stay going in a straight line.

Everything was great except the pics. This is all I got.

--Greg

Attachments

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
Nice out there last eve! Traction was fine, if, yes, a little slippery in spots. Four of us out there under the bright moon.

So far this winter I've found that it's good to be out, and I like it. I'll admit that I like to pedal and climb. But the other part of riding that I like... There have been few "Whoo Hoo" moments of the kind I frequently enjoy in the summer, of flowing down sweet singletrack, feeling plugged into the trail, zipping and zooming, hopping and leaning...

There was actually some of that last night, short moments amid the "Whoa, better slow down here." And that was a great feeling.

--Greg

Attachments

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
Okay!

This time a little better notice. We're going out on ol' Lunch Loops at 7:00pm Tuedsay January 13. That's this coming Tuesday.

The moon will not be a factor, so bring good lights. Currently expected to be another above-freezing day, so the snow may be nicely and lightly re-frozen like last time. But ya never know.

Don't forget that the bridge over the Redlands Power Canal is closed, just where you turn off onto Monument Road. So Plan accordingly. (I was able to ride around the missing bridge and construction the other night, no problem. Hope to do that again.)

We've been on the trails for about an hour-and-a-half each time so far. Expect about the same.

See ya there!

--Greg

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
Another good one!

Three of us tonight. Me, another guy and a girl. One dog. Trails were in great shape. Snowy, of course, but nice and packed without being very icy in most spots. More and more trail is dirt. Very little ice.

Good fun.

If you've been thinking about it, give it a try.

--Greg

(no pics)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.