Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Same experience here, I blew through harder rock gardens at night yet was slow at high speed curves and jumps. Was a totally different perspective on the trail.

Reactions: pta

·
Registered
238 Posts
One of the best night videos I've seen, nice.
I'll share to my local Michigan USA group.

Reactions: pta

·
Registered
658 Posts
I’ve done couple of these self shot ride videos and I think I’m getting little better every time. For this video it took two rides (total 3h) and of course editing took time.
Wait til you add a ronin s 2 to the mix and use activetrack =) i did that... once... holy hell its too much work, lol. any self-filming is a metric ton of work that i just cant fathom doing often, let alone the fact that im a shitty subject to watch, lol.

vids like yours remind me of other one man crew videographers, like les stroud on survivorman. huge props for having the patience and dedication to keep doing it! focal point, dof, and exposure are really good too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait til you add a ronin s 2 to the mix and use activetrack =) i did that... once... holy hell its too much work, lol. any self-filming is a metric ton of work that i just cant fathom doing often, let alone the fact that im a shitty subject to watch, lol.

vids like yours remind me of other one man crew videographers, like les stroud on survivorman. huge props for having the patience and dedication to keep doing it! focal point, dof, and exposure are really good too.
🙏

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Hightower C XXL
932 Posts
Looks like fun. I pictured you setting the camera in position, then riding back, then riding past it, then riding back to get the camera, then scouting out your next POV and doing it all over again:)
I've been there done that.. Well done.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It’s edited with Olive editor (free program). It’s not the best alternative but quite easy for editing training. I’m planning to move to Da Vinci resolve editor.
Resolve is fantastic stuff! If you have a half decent graphics card in your system I'd STRONGLY recommend springing for the paid Resolve Studio option as it puts the GPU to use and makes timeline scrubbing effortless, even with beast footage like the HEVC output from the R5. (If you do go that route, it's $295 for the license, lifetime, but go to B&H and they are bundling the license and the Speed Editor controller for free basically.)

One caveat if you plan to record externally on something like an Atomos Ninja for anything. The R5 and Ninja V (not to be confused with the pricier Ninja V+ that can go up to 8k raw from the R5)... they now allow you to record 12 bit 5k raw from the R5. And that 5k is ONLY in ProRes RAW. Davinci does NOT support ProRes RAW, and there's no expected change on that. So the best you'll still be able to push out is 10 bit 422 4k and recording in prores 422hq, or Avid DNx codecs. Both are still an improvement vs onboard options, but I was super disappointed when I suddenly had an option for 5k raw but couldn't edit it =( I could obviously use the onboard 8k rawfor extra latitude, but that CFE storage is WAY too pricey to use it much. So for now I just stick to 4k hq that's downsampled from 8k, and if im not being lazy, record externally to prores non-raw so i dont have to suffer with internal HEVC codec slowness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.