Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Night Ride Tonight (late notice) - July 5th

1K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Ry-daddy 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about doing a night ride tonight since my early morning plans got buggered up by fireworks last night with the family (sitting for an hour and thirty minutes in a field waiting for people to figure out how to take turns exiting was not much fun). I was thinking about either hitting an easy loop at Hawes or a section of Desert Classic around 9pm.

Participation will determine the location... so if I get more people that say "Yo! I would be down with Hawes" then it will be Hawes and vice versa.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Good ride everyone! We merged with a second group ride and doubled our numbers. There was 10 people total on the trail tonight. It was fun stopping at an intersection and watching the lights come across the desert. We will have to do this again!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
TUMBLEWEED!!!! Yes we where stuck in the parking mayhem there. Thankfully someone got the bright idea to drive over some grass and side walk and make a new exit which everyone started following (probably the last time we do that ... n00b mistake).

Sounds like Hawes it is... My wife's dance class get's out at 8pm and she probably won't be home till around 8:30 pm. It takes me about 30 minutes to get over to Hawes from my place, so the earliest I could go is 9 pm (sorry dsittman).

Meeting Time: July 5th @ 9pm
Meeting Place: Behind Walgreens at Power & Thomas
Pace: Not super fast, not super slow... medium-ish or that fun mellow pace. Or super fast with spots for the slower riders to catch up and catch their breath. Nobody get's left behind or becomes coyote bait.

Lights Highly Recommended

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.