Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing a night ride tonight since my early morning plans got buggered up by fireworks last night with the family (sitting for an hour and thirty minutes in a field waiting for people to figure out how to take turns exiting was not much fun). I was thinking about either hitting an easy loop at Hawes or a section of Desert Classic around 9pm.

Participation will determine the location... so if I get more people that say "Yo! I would be down with Hawes" then it will be Hawes and vice versa.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Possibly

I might be in, I just got done doing 27 miles or so at the MMP competitive loops so we shall see how I shape up for the rest of the day. Its a half dozen one way and six the other for the distance to both rides for me and I like both places so I don't care which. I will check back and see how this is working out later.

·
Registered
191 Posts
BTW, I was at Tumbleweed last night as well but parked a good way west down Germann so I didn't sit in traffic for very long. Home and asleep by 10:45 I think.

·
Registered
287 Posts
road down to tumbleweed!!! longest ride with the adams trail a bike!!! about 5 miles each way, the way trafic looked it would have taken longer to drive.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Hey Cranky. I'd be up for a Hawes ride tonight but would you be ok with moving time up to 8:00 instead of 9:00. Not good about getting up early the next day after short sleep so any help would be appreciated. If doesn't work for you just let me know.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TUMBLEWEED!!!! Yes we where stuck in the parking mayhem there. Thankfully someone got the bright idea to drive over some grass and side walk and make a new exit which everyone started following (probably the last time we do that ... n00b mistake).

Sounds like Hawes it is... My wife's dance class get's out at 8pm and she probably won't be home till around 8:30 pm. It takes me about 30 minutes to get over to Hawes from my place, so the earliest I could go is 9 pm (sorry dsittman).

Meeting Time: July 5th @ 9pm
Meeting Place: Behind Walgreens at Power & Thomas
Pace: Not super fast, not super slow... medium-ish or that fun mellow pace. Or super fast with spots for the slower riders to catch up and catch their breath. Nobody get's left behind or becomes coyote bait.

Lights Highly Recommended

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Well that's gonna make for a rough Tues at work for me but I'll play anyways. I'm not fast but in decent shape so a mediumish pace with short breaks would be my choice. See you at 9.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool... I'm planning on keeping it mellow and fun. Plus you have to stop and turn off your lights in the middle of the desert (which is the coolest part of the ride). See there at 9.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good ride everyone! We merged with a second group ride and doubled our numbers. There was 10 people total on the trail tonight. It was fun stopping at an intersection and watching the lights come across the desert. We will have to do this again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Ride

Good ride last night. Seemed like a decent group and everyone did well enough. At lease they were out there and not sitting at home on the couch. Couch potatoes don't have bragging rights, just a greater chance of coronary heart disease. Hope to see you out there again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for putting it together Cranky. I will have to check out that pump track at MMP. See if I have any skills in that discipline. I would be happy to do a ride at Casa Grande too if you're interested. See you out there again.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
Thanks for organizing Cranky. Sorry I had to hustle out of there but it was getting a bit late for me. I needed my beauty sleep before work this morning :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts