Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A better thread for the discussion of the topic of sorting a location etc etc for a Nicolai Europe Group Ride etc....

Suggestions for a location thus far:

geetee = Chamonix, France

What are some suggestions for dates? NOT July 6 - 12th, Mega A is on.....

Come forward with suggestions so as we can knuckle down a location.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can we go earlier, before the school holidays, but after the time all the lifts open, how about les arcs, an abundance of singletrack, a few dh tracks and no one goes there, we could stay with trial addiction and get some guiding in.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Lifts don't usually open till late late June - this year the 26th June. Also the opening week of lift access is usually carnage so best avoiding that.

School holidays are 24 July onwards so you only have a month of lift access before the school holidays

So if you wanted lifts pre school holidays but not bordering the mega (July 6 - 12th) you are a bit limited?

What about late August - it allows everyone who is PDS or Mega or another holiday to have done that - and then be ready for another trip late season?

Or even later and hit up Spain where the shuttling is by wagon so can be done in September etc.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd preffer lift assisted, as it is more flexible, however I don't mind doing it late august or what not. In les arcs the lifts are never busy. Been there twice now, and never had to que, i'm easy, tell me the place and time, also a fully catered chalet would be nice.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
i'd prefer mid july then, as we're away for 3 weeks in september and august is shutdown season - no good to me !
I would like us to do a trip in July if possible, August is to long to wait for me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Right here's an idea. What about Les Deux Alpes Saturday 3rd / Sunday 4th of July? They are supposed to have a lot of good mountain bike trails....Cyril would be able to give us a recommendation as he's been there before....and you never know he might even join us as trail guide on one of his many cool Nicolai's. Plus Les Deux Alpes just happens to be on the opposite side of the valley from Alpe d'Huez where starting on the 5th a few of us will be spending the week at for the Megavalanche.

You could do one or the other or both....sounds like a win, win situation to me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
i'd like lift assist and guided opportunity. les arcs with trail addiction sounds good to me.
chalet / hotel / etc, not bothered , as long as i can be accommodated over a weekend........?
they have just started doing long weekends so 4 days fully catered

·
Registered
648 Posts
sdr08 said:
Right here's an idea. What about Les Deux Alpes Saturday 3rd / Sunday 4th of July? They are supposed to have a lot of good mountain bike trails....Cyril would be able to give us a recommendation as he's been there before....and you never know he might even join us as trail guide on one of his many cool Nicolai's. Plus Les Deux Alpes just happens to be on the opposite side of the valley from Alpe d'Huez where starting on the 5th a few of us will be spending the week at for the Megavalanche.

You could do one or the other or both....sounds like a win, win situation to me.
Bit of a long way for wafe to come for a couple of days, plus now you'll be hard pushed to find accom.

Do you not fancy les arcs

·
Registered
522 Posts
Och it's only a thought.....it doesn't have to be just the two days! you could make it a long weekend or a whole week. It would even give Whafe the chance to enter the biggest, maddest mountain bike race in the world if he fancied (a race that every mountain biker should do at least once in his/her life).

I don't think accommodation would be a problem either as Les Deux Alpes must be geared up for the winter season the same as Alpe d'Huez. I think Alpe d'Huez can accommodate something like 30,000 people during the winter season and even though some of the accommodation is closed during the summer 2000 mountain bikers turning up for the Mega doesn't cause a problem.

I'll be heading across to the Mega then touring Europe for a week or two and with a busy schedule for this year I can't see me making another date.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Didn't think you were. just throwing another idea around.

I'll need to PM Cyril and find out if Les Deux Alpes is any good first. It's supposed to have some really good trails.

Have you decided on what your running at the Mega? and do you have accommodation sorted yet?

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Fella's - Please add your name below, well copy the names already there then add yours if in fact you are keen to attend a get together in July, along with if to do it prior to the Mega A

= Whafe
= the lecht rocks
= ianpinder
= sdr08
= derekr

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.